chuanvs4121

Price of UE 5pro,ER4P,Um2

SF5pro should costs about $350+

ER4P will costs $400+(Amazon sells it for $250 but no local warranty)

UM2 should costs about $400+

For accurate pricing,you might want to call SE or Jaben to ask them for prices.

I'm looking at the er4p too. But I wonder if I should get it online since local prices are practically twice that of online prices. Why is that so anyway?

Local distributor sets the RRP.

Not very good for the wallet, but one thing to look at is shipping + local warranty cover.

Even so, Norman Audio (local distributor for Ety) has the prices way off compared to US street price. About twice, as you said, and they were not the most forthcoming when I last had an issue with my ER6i.

Edited by radioactive28

Oh well. I'm using a pair of ck9 now. Very satisfied with it but my finger itchy. If etymotic is out of the question. And I don't fancy buying Shure. (Used the e2g before.) Then that leaves me with um1 and sf3. Both of which I have some quibbles with. Don't really like um1 sound signature or maybe it was the eartips used and the cord design is really bad. (cord length before the y-splitter is way too short.) Sf3 is the legendary frankenstien ears so nothing much to say. Even with the mod, it still looks kinda bulky.

Oops, I think I'm way OT. But please give me some replies ya? Thanks!

out of the cables, i prefer westone cables the most though. ER4p is abt 390 if u get from se. I have to say ue has the worst design. But I have to say UE produce good sound for the price u pay.

Oh well. I'm using a pair of ck9 now. Very satisfied with it but my finger itchy. If etymotic is out of the question. And I don't fancy buying Shure. (Used the e2g before.) Then that leaves me with um1 and sf3. Both of which I have some quibbles with. Don't really like um1 sound signature or maybe it was the eartips used and the cord design is really bad. (cord length before the y-splitter is way too short.) Sf3 is the legendary frankenstien ears so nothing much to say. Even with the mod, it still looks kinda bulky.

Oops, I think I'm way OT. But please give me some replies ya? Thanks!

I don't know what your issue with Shure is, but the E2c isn't representative of the Shure sound.

Have you tried the E4c and E500?

The cord design for Westone and Shure are actually more suitable for wearing down the back. I tried wearing mine in front, found it short and not very comfortable.

out of the cables, i prefer westone cables the most though. ER4p is abt 390 if u get from se. I have to say ue has the worst design. But I have to say UE produce good sound for the price u pay.

eh don mind u elaborate more abt the UE? i m looking at UE 5EB actually..heard of a version 1 and version 2 difference.. and stereo elec is selling the version 1 at 209 i think..deciding between whether shld i paid tat BIT more..ps hijack yr thread ye.. :D

For UE, their cables are inter changable. Theres a few kind, the clear ones, the slightly thicker and slightly thinner. The problem with UE is if u are first time user for IEM, you will find them very hard to fit into your ear and get a perfect seal

I don't think you should let local/overseas warranty issues affect your decision to buy any of these 3 headphones. I would happily buy them online, the question should solely be which ones you think sounds the best or is most worth the money.

for etymotics, the only difference between local and overseas warranty is that if it's overseas you have to ship it to etymotics yourself (it's not like they have their service centers here!), which will cost about 40sgd if you insure and if you just used registered, only 10 (though maybe risky but in my experience I've never lost a registered parcel, and have sent at least 20+ out). So if you can save $200 through an online sale you'd might as well, since it is unlikely you'll even need to send it back 4 times.

etymotics really gives superb customer service. You send them the package using your own way and they send it back to you via UPS if I remember correctly, for free. You can read up on their repair schemes on their website, probably the same way you can do so for westone and UE.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?show...26&hl=etymotics

loop_, you sound like an experienced on-line shopper. Where would you buy etys on-line from?

Yes I do alot of online shopping...biggest range, best prices, anticipation of receiving nice big packages...why not man. Bought my etys from head-fi, 2nd hand. hehe that's the best place imho.

Also bought my diy amp kit from erji.net. Improved my chinese by quite a bit...(sry for straying off topic!)

Edited by loop_

Online purchase is quite reliable this days. I purchase much thing via online too.

As what loop said though the warrantee part isnt much of a problem. Brand new ety online and in sg cost is abt 100+ difference which is quite significant.

However at this price point, you are already prepared to shell out quite a significant sum of money so most important is which u favor. Getting anyone of this and you probably wont upgrade for time to come.

Online purchase is quite reliable this days. I purchase much thing via online too.

As what loop said though the warrantee part isnt much of a problem. Brand new ety online and in sg cost is abt 100+ difference which is quite significant.

However at this price point, you are already prepared to shell out quite a significant sum of money so most important is which u favor. Getting anyone of this and you probably wont upgrade for time to come.

Second that.

The costs for sending the earphone back for repair should it spoil(Touch wood) from Singapore to US is about $50 too.(For the price difference of $200+,you could still send the earphone back to US for repair for 4 times or get a Ety p to s converter cable)

Online shopping is much better nowadays with Vpost service.(Although they are abit expensive and slow)

Edited by dle4e_2005