ezzo

Interest Check: SOHA Kit Group Buy

Guys,

Just a tip, if you are building this, please try to include a protection relay into the output. During the time the tube need to warm up, the amp can send DC current into the headphones, burning up the drivers.

AMB sells a board for this OR you can just ensure your earphones are NEVER plugged in when turning on the SOHA. A delay of 10s is said to be sufficient for the tube to settle down.

Regards.

Thanks for the tip! Sorry, noob question, i'm pretty new to this but does this protection relay function the same way as a DC offset capacitors like in the Cmoy amp?

Thanks for the tip! Sorry, noob question, i'm pretty new to this but does this protection relay function the same way as a DC offset capacitors like in the Cmoy amp?

AMB's board is a timer which will connect a relay after a preset time (http://www.amb.org/audio/epsilon12/). The relay when connected will allow signals from the amp to flow through to the headphones.

Edited by heady

Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's either we install one of these or wait for the amp to settle than. Say, you think this will work too? It's one of those made in Thailand DIY kits that can can be found at SLT basement,

http://futurekit.com/detail.php?id=179 (ultra slow site, beware.....)

FK650: SPEAKER PROTECTOR (STEREO)

Detail:

• This speaker protector circuit is the circuit that can connect to OCL stereo amplifier since TR output is directly connected with speaker.

• Whenever the circuit is deficient, direct current will damage the speaker.

• Power supply : 12V.

• PCB dimensions : 3.3†X 1.9â€

Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's either we install one of these or wait for the amp to settle than. Say, you think this will work too? It's one of those made in Thailand DIY kits that can can be found at SLT basement,

http://futurekit.com/detail.php?id=179 (ultra slow site, beware.....)

FK650: SPEAKER PROTECTOR (STEREO)

Detail:

• This speaker protector circuit is the circuit that can connect to OCL stereo amplifier since TR output is directly connected with speaker.

• Whenever the circuit is deficient, direct current will damage the speaker.

• Power supply : 12V.

• PCB dimensions : 3.3" X 1.9"

Hi, it looks similar. Without the schematics, I am only able to guess. :)) Hmmm where in SLT did you see this? In the large shop in the corner beside the staircase to Rochor Road?

Hi, it looks similar. Without the schematics, I am only able to guess. :)) Hmmm where in SLT did you see this? In the large shop in the corner beside the staircase to Rochor Road?

Wa! I can't remember already, already been a month or two since I last went there. BTW, I found their SG distributor, they are at SLT too.

extract from http://futurekit.com/distributor.php

SPACE ELECTRONIC PTE

10 Jalan Besar #B1-07 Sim Lim Tower Singapore 208787 Tel : 65-6298-9194 Fax : 65-6298-9080

Wa! I can't remember already, already been a month or two since I last went there. BTW, I found their SG distributor, they are at SLT too.

extract from http://futurekit.com/distributor.php

SPACE ELECTRONIC PTE

10 Jalan Besar #B1-07 Sim Lim Tower Singapore 208787 Tel : 65-6298-9194 Fax : 65-6298-9080

Thanks, will try to remember to have a look at this next time I go there.

Thanks, will try to remember to have a look at this next time I go there.

No worries, always glad to help. :)

Hi Guys, you all still interested in the above kit? I emailed Jeff from glassjaraudio and got a reply from him (below)

I can ship to Singapore. Please see the attached orderform. The kit with the transformer is about 3.5 pounds. So shipping is about 30.00 priority.

Jeff

Soha lvl 2 kit (119.85) + shipping/kit (30) = 149.85 (SGD226.87)

As far as i can see, there's only 3 interested parties including myself. Still wanna go thru with the buy even if it's just the 3 of us? If you are, than I'll be contacting Jeff again to ask about shipping fees for 3 kits (non priority, should be cheaper i think).

Ezzo, just curious, the shipping price of US$23.10 was quoted with or without the transformer?

Hi Guys, you all still interested in the above kit? I emailed Jeff from glassjaraudio and got a reply from him (below)

As far as i can see, there's only 3 interested parties including myself. Still wanna go thru with the buy even if it's just the 3 of us? If you are, than I'll be contacting Jeff again to ask about shipping fees for 3 kits (non priority, should be cheaper i think).

Ezzo, just curious, the shipping price of US$23.10 was quoted with or without the transformer?

Hope this is accurate but I understand Jaben is bringing in SOHA kits as well.

I have gotta myself another amp, so I wldnt be starting this group buy.

You can request for the order form, which states the price of everything. The price on the website actually includes US shipping, which is 10USD, so dont be mistaken. The shipping is for the whole kit, weighs 3pounds. That price is probably the cheapest for that weight.

for construction and BOM try www.mb3k.ccom, quite easy to understand.

heady,

I have got the board, but the relay i used something not similar to what amb suggested though.