ezzo

Headphone geared towards today's popular music

bluetin japan I meant btw.

Anyway,

Can someone comment on the HD580?

I am actually thinking of that due to its much lower price...

Yeah, they are practical the same, HD580+HD600 grills = HD600.

You can still find them used on head-fi, pretty cheap. Way cheaper than a used HD600 here, but thats due to the overpriced local cans anyway :)

How does your HD600 perform with Hip-Hop/Rap music?

How does your HD600 perform with Hip-Hop/Rap music?

hippity hop! one of my fave genres. it's ok on the 600 but awesome on my D2000.

hippity hop! one of my fave genres. it's ok on the 600 but awesome on my D2000.

Ah ha! Thanks! Now I can forget about the HD580/600s :) haha.

Are there any kind souls around whom can let me audition their D2000? I feel really funny plunging for it without listening to it man.

Are there any kind souls around whom can let me audition their D2000? I feel really funny plunging for it without listening to it man.

send me an email to arrange.

I would get the DT 770s. They have a nice strong bass along with great all around sound. They have a slightly recessed upper-mid section but thats not much of a problem. They are a great pair of headphones and are exactly what you are looking for.

I'll have to listen to the D2000 one of these days.

I have the DT990 (05), and just like Ryner said, they're very versatile. One thing they have that D2000 doesn't, according to what I read, is good soundstage. But of course that won't matter much in the genres you're listening to. Their bass is no slouch in the detail department. I couldn't be more pleased with them, but I hate comments like "D2000 walk over DT990" because it makes me think back on my purchase. :P

But really, I'm not disappointed so I shouldn't care.

swmaxxx: I have audition the DT770 Pro and I feel they lack a good instrument separation. Plus their bass and plus it is a closed headphone, it makes them lack clarity compared with the DT880 (05) and DT990 (05).

But the thing is the pair of DT770 Pro I auditioned was slightly faulty, the left channel was of lower volume (cable problem), thus I did not pay much attention to them.

Another thing to note is that I did not find the 770s bass heavy, I reckon the 770s are really spoiled. Either way, I did not like their sound signature.

Reputator: Well, soundstage has always been a issue with closed cans but the thing with the Denons is their soundstage is pretty good(for a closed can of course) and they have great imaging. Quoted from a review on head-fi ( I cant remember who is the reviewer, plus head-fi is down)," I have no idea how do they do it without S-Logic".

I auditioned the DT880 (05) and DT990 (05) with the impression of Denons still fresh in my mind. Honestly, I was not impressed with them at all. The bass extension of the DT990 was nowhere close to that of Denons. In fact, I find the DT990 slightly lacking in bass.. For their prices, I was expecting more. IMO though.

Well, my Denons are already on their way. And till then I will refrain from making any other comparisons :)

Edited by ezzo