1. iewgnail - 2 set

2. redstx - 1 set

3. DemonicAngelz - 1 set

4. adn6244 - 1 set

5. heady - 6 sets

6. kross - 2 sets

Haha..

I also wanna ORD..

However just finished BMT only.. waiting for posting..

OT - which reminds me of an incident during my reservist. I was in a camp in Ayer Rajah to collect vehicles for my unit and saw this "small" boy doing guard duty. I asked his age and told him "son, when I was doing my NSF, you weren't even born. And I am still in this army."

I did not make his day. What a horrible man I am... :bash:

While I don't mind waiting either, the issue is whether we will actually get the item. Can wait for a long long time. So I don't mind paying the little extra, if the majority decides so.

Hi,

Had a discussion with 1bit about what to use to fasten the panels to the Hammond case. This is what AMB said in part of the Mini3 documentation. This is from the online documentation for the Mini3.

It is important that the panel screw holes be countersunk (see Fa in the diagrams above), so that flat-head screws could be used to secure the panel to the case. This assures that the screw head will not interfere with a large headphone plug. You may use the self-tapping flat-head screws provided with the Hammond case, or tap the case and use imperial #6-32 or metric M3.5 flat-head machine screws. A minimum screw length of 0.375" (9.5mm) is recommended.

Here are pictures of what is needed if you want to use the M3.5 screws. Note that the pictures show M3 tap and screw, so please remember that AMB recommended M3.5. I bought the handtaps and handle from Aik Chin Hin Machinery Co, 31 Kelantan Lane #01-22. The screws are available next door to this shop.

M3 hand taps and thumb-grip screws

What the hand tap do, is to cut the thread into the hole so that you can use the M3.5 screws, instead of the self-tapping ones included with the casing. The disadvantage of the self-tapping is that over time, the threads may be damaged and the screw cannot be tightened.

Note that the thumb-screws are meant for the rear panel. For the front panel, flat head screws are recommended.

Edited by heady

Hi,

Can I enquire re: status of this group buy. Have the order being made?

Thanks so much.