iewgnail

Mini³ Enclosure Group Buy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th September 2:00pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This group buy is for the enclosure of the Mini³ Portable Headphone amp.

The enclosure we'll be using is the 1455C802BK.

IPB Image

We can also use any of the 1455C80x enclosure but we'll be sticking to the black enclosure with plastic end caps.

If you want other enclosure, be prepared to pay the full amount.

* 1455C802 clear anodized with plastic end-caps

* 1455C802BK black anodized with plastic end-caps

* 1455C801 clear anodized with aluminum end-panels

* 1455C801BK black anodized with aluminum end-panels

The unit price for a single enclosure is S$18.34 as quoted on farnell.

1455C802BK - Farnell

Given the number of participants in this group buy, we can definitely get more than 10 pieces of enclosure and get a quantity breakdown price.

Price as follows:

Qty List Price

1 - 4 S$18.34

5 - 9 S$16.89

10 - 24 S$15.61

25 + S$14.16

Good news is that on top of $15.61 per piece, i can get an addition 8% student discount.

However after including GST of 7%, the final price will be $15.37

That makes it $15.37 per piece after GST.

If we can get over 25 pieces, it be even cheaper. Given the number of boards ordered, it might be a lil tough but its a good time to stock up on this enclosure if we're going to make a few more Mini³ in the future or even the Alien DAC which uses this enclosure too.

Conditions for Group Buy

1. Payment at close of group buy (Account number will be PM to you)

2. You are free to add in any misc item from farnell together with this order. Just PM me.

3. There will be free-shipping as order is over $30.

4. Self-collect from Simei MRT or as per TS convenience.

5. After payment and order placed, no withdrawal.

Group Buy Participants

1. iewgnail - 2 set

19th September 11:50pm

Group Buy CLOSED.

Awaiting payment. Dateline: 21st September 07 2359

Following are the participants of the group buy.

1. iewgnail - 2 sets - $30.74 - Paid

2. redstx - 1 set - $15.37 - Paid

3. DemonicAngelz - 1 set - $15.37 - Waiting

4. adn6244 - 1 set - $$15.37 - Paid

5. heady - 6 sets - $92.22 - Paid

6. kross - 2 sets - $30.74 - Paid

7. aegisofrime - 1 set - $15.37 - Paid

Place order: 22nd September 07

22nd September 10:10am

Bad news guys.

Farnell doesnt have so many pieces of the Hammond case. They will require a one month lead time according to them.

I've checked with RS, they seems to have it in stock but will be more expensive.

1455C802BK - For 14 pieces it be $23.00 per piece.

1455C802 (Clear) - For 14 pieces it be $16.40.

I've yet to be able to contact RS as they're close today.

My suggestion will be to wait for the Farnell Hammond casing as it's cheaper and we don't have the front/rear panels materialize yet.

What do you all think?

22nd September 12:05pm

A lil bit of updates.

Went down farnell to collect some of my stuff.

Check with the counter stuff for alternatives.

Basically, we can still get the enclosure from farnell but at a slightly more ex price.

For this order code 9287906 (UK stocks) they have 3 only. This is the one we originally wanted to get from.

Whereas the order code 4978237 (US stocks) they have 14.

Both order code are for the same item.

In order to get the best price for our group buy, we can get all the 14 pieces from the US side.

1+ S$18.62

6+ S$16.94

15+ S$16.15

25+ S$15.66

Inclusive of 8% discount and 7% gst. The amount will be $16.67 per piece.

Meaning we got to pay extra $1.30 per piece.

It's either we all pay $1.30 more per piece or we wait for a very long lead time.

What say you?

27th September 7:30pm

Some updates.

Have placed order with farnell.

The lead time is approx 1mth and might be longer.

I might be able to collect whatever is available first and collect the rest in approx one month time.

29th September 11:00am

I've collect a couple of 1455C802BK from farnell.

The rest when they are ready, farnell will call me to go and collect.

So for those eager builders, i have 2 pieces of enclosure right now. If you have paid and cant wait to collect, PM me.

Those tt dont mind waiting, just hang on!

06th October 12:25pm

Collect another 3 enclosure today.

Have 5 of them now. If you want to collect them, can drop me a PM.

As for the rest, lets continue waiting for the other to come to our island shore.

18th October 8:35pm

adn6244 collected his enclosure from me yesterday evening.

heady collected 2/6 enclosures from me just now.

Have 1 spare enclosure at the moment. The rest of them will come in soon, just awaiting farnell to call me.

22th October 6:50pm

All the enclosures are in!

Will be heading down to farnell to collect either tml or wed.

I will most prob meet you all @ simei/bishan mrt for a collection this sat dpending on time. Keep watching this thread!

Meanwhile can show my finished mini3 and alien dac. Housed within the 1455C802BK enclosure.

23th October 7:20pm

Collected the rest of them today.

Will be having a collection this Saturday 8pm @ Simei MRT.

Same place as the Mini3 Group Buy collection point.

Else you have to PM me to see which day i be free.

Edited by iewgnail

Group Buy Participants

1. iewgnail - 2 set

2. ezzo - 1 set

Btw, you left out the GST, which will be added after the final discounted price.

1. iewgnail - 2 set

2. ezzo - 1 set

3. redstx - 1 set

4. mouz - 1 set

5. DemonicAngelz - 1 set

6. adn6244 - 1 set

7. heady - 5 sets

1. iewgnail - 2 set

2. ezzo - 1 set

3. redstx - 1 set

4. mouz - 1 set

5. DemonicAngelz - 1 set

6. adn6244 - 1 set

7. heady - 5 sets

8. kross - 2 sets

Hey guys,

Btw, i've attached a BOM. Not exactly filled in yet but the rough idea is there.

Need some of your inputs to help complete it.

LED wise, what LED shld i get?

Do we actually need the heat-sink thermal compund?

Battery wise, which battery in the market will ensure a good fit in the enclosure?

Which wallwart to get? From farnell or local hardware shop? What to look out for in a wallwart?

Screws for panel to get flat-head socket cap, but where to get and use 4 of them for front and back panel or just 2 in front and 2 thumb screw for back panel? Any diff?

Thanks in advance.

Mini3.zip

Hey guys,

Btw, i've attached a BOM. Not exactly filled in yet but the rough idea is there.

Need some of your inputs to help complete it.

LED wise, what LED shld i get?

Do we actually need the heat-sink thermal compund?

Battery wise, which battery in the market will ensure a good fit in the enclosure?

Which wallwart to get? From farnell or local hardware shop? What to look out for in a wallwart?

Screws for panel to get flat-head socket cap, but where to get and use 4 of them for front and back panel or just 2 in front and 2 thumb screw for back panel? Any diff?

Thanks in advance.

My 2cts worth....

LED, use any that's T1 in size, colour pref up to you (try Koba, they might have something there)

Thermal compound helps with cooling, it's preferred actually, maybe you can use those that's used for CPU to save on cost.

Batterywise, I'm considering MO for Maha 300mAh, 8.4v or Accupower 270mAh. Both are not sold in SG btw, can't seem to find any. Best I could find is GP 230mAh. Price per piece will drop if more is brought in of course.

Maha 300mAh is SGD$25.44/pc (includes shipping) for a MO of ten pieces (shipping USD$19)

Accupower 270 mAh is SGD$17.23/pc (includes shipping) for a MO of ten pieces (shipping USD$37.90 :rclxub:) but on the other hand it's still cheaper than powerex 230mAh that eastgear is selling...

Wallwart, AC-DC adapter, 15VDC-24VDC, 300mA minimum, can try SLT 4th floor. I think shop name's called kaising or something like that i think...

Screws for panel maybe can reuse the countersunk screws that already come with the casing?

Edited by mouz

Eastgear in Peninsular Plaza sells Maha batteries. AMB recommends using a tap to cut the screw threads and then using M3.5 screws. I know the place to get the screws and the tap but I forgot the names of the two shops. They are below multi-storey carpark in Rochor Road, same building as the Kelantan road clinic.

1. iewgnail - 2 set

2. ezzo - 1 set

3. redstx - 1 set

4. mouz - 1 set

5. DemonicAngelz - 1 set

6. adn6244 - 1 set

7. heady - 6 sets

8. kross - 2 sets

I'm withdrawing from this group buy.

1. iewgnail - 2 set

2. redstx - 1 set

3. mouz - 1 set