that's kinda the main singaporean hardware site

and the BEST:

www.hardocp.com

(www.hardforums.com)

Edited by adhoc

I used to frequent www.tweak3d.net wink.gif

one of the best out there

Im usually on www.overclockers.com.au. I know jarthel posts on there. haha.gif

wortel, it's me again, ok, forget about saving, it won't work too fast.

i am an engineering student and don't know about finance, until recently

i attended some business class by AMWAY (Singapore), then i realize that how

much can you save per day, if you save your money and put it in bank, how much

is the interest rate??

For example, you save $5 per day, which i consider a lot, in a month time you only have

$5x30=$150, what can you buy?? for the next month another $150??

i would suggest you spread the "headphone crazy" virus to your friends and friends introduce

friends, and then you can do trading already...right, or you learn some skill to make amp to sell,

it works too. yeah.gif

Yeah sounds like some good ideas. haha.gif

Jarthel was gonna make amp to sell. But he thought there would be no market.

I think I could save at least $50 a week for the next few months.

Then I can buy - CDP or New Cans or New Monitor laugh.gif (mine is 15") haha.gif

I've tried teaching my mates about good cans. None will listen. Why? because they say my unamped k501s are sh*t. wacko.gif

I've tried teaching my mates about good cans. None will listen. Why? because they say my unamped k501s are sh*t. wacko.gif

9 times out of 10 'uninformed' people judge how good a pair of headphones by the amount of bass it can belt out.

But it doesn't help that you ran the K501 unamped as I think it is harder to drive than the HD600.

I didnt wanna accually say they only judge headphones on bass. I know it's true though wacko.gif

Next time I buy cans Im gonna get the bassiest crap I can find and pump some serious power into it. tongue.gif

haha.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifhaha.gif . Not just to teach my friends a lesson but because I want to hear some real bass in cans. My AKG are just too bass shy for some of my favorite music. headphone.gif

When will people learn its not all about the bass. wacko.gif

hehe...wortel....my hd 202 cant say is boomy...but the bass is strong enough...but i'm abit not use to it....when u listen to it more..u would find that it's ok..but i find something strange with my hd 202...duno is illusion or not...but i think i had mentioned it b4 somewhere here..that whenver the source change..it sounds different...as if it needs to run in again everytime you change your source...i admit akg 501 a bit bass shy...but the bass is not sh*tty ok?it's ok...but i prefer a stronger bass out of akg501...as for brightness...i can say i can accept it...dun feel it too bright for me..though i prefer a warmer sound from it tongue.gif

as for soundstage...i like it...i duno whether it did has a very wide soundstage...but i can say it's ok with me....just nice...at least better than my hd 202...wider though...but for some pieces of music...it sounds a bit too wide for me...as i can say..it depends on the recording of that particular pieces...if i can differentiate that it is recoreded in a studio like what fish had told me...i would say...i would love it very much tongue.gif but i'm not really going into soundstage..i want overall performance...though maybe a bit lose out in some one or two areas...if overall it sounds good to me...then i would consider to get it...i can say akg 501 is better than my hd 202 but i can feel that it's not my taste rolleyes.gif

just to share my views and expereince with u...anyway it's just my opinion..anyway...maybe i would be wrong coz i'm just a newbie here...what i said here may contradict with other ppl's views wink.gif

enjoy and have fun Wortel cool.gifheadphone.gif

mychew, try beyer dt250-80

I have a feeling you will like it cool.gif

'strong' bass, good overall performance,comfy

nah its not OT. laugh.gif but why says it OT. O could be a On.. tongue.gif

Its just the natural progression of a conversation. laugh.gif

Sit back and chill. beer.gifbeer.gif <- I wish Im dry lol.gif

I still like my k501s

Daytime - Speakers

Nighttime - k501

Its not that I cant use the speakers at night. Its that the k501 sound heaps better with the drop in ambient noise. haha.gif

blues...i like nice bass but not strong bass...not heavy bass...tongue.gif duno how to say...when i listen i know i like the bass or not tongue.gif...but some recording quality would make the bass different when play them out from my cans....weird,,,or is this normal...

wortel...i heard them say a dedicated PSU is nicer than wall-wart smile.gif