Sign in to follow this  
Stratuskyo

IEM Recommendation

Hi, I don't really know much but why don't you consider the Senn CX300s, or the Creative EP-630s? Apparently they are the exact same ones, but don't take my word for it. I own a pair of EP-630s, they give good bass and provide above average isolation, but the price! I got them for $35 at Challenger only, or $32 for members :))

Hi, I don't really know much but why don't you consider the Senn CX300s, or the Creative EP-630s? Apparently they are the exact same ones, but don't take my word for it. I own a pair of EP-630s, they give good bass and provide above average isolation, but the price! I got them for $35 at Challenger only, or $32 for members :))

dont you find the ep630s a bit muddy?

similar to sony ex71 sound?

dont you find the ep630s a bit muddy?

similar to sony ex71 sound?

Hmm I do think the ep630s give extreme value for money, but after you mentioned it, I do realize the sound is a tad on the muddy side... After tweaking the EQ, the SQ is not bad :))

Yea. Why not Crossroads? Understandably the quality control leaves much to be desired but I would still say it's a bang for buck product.

Yea. Why not Crossroads? Understandably the quality control leaves much to be desired but I would still say it's a bang for buck product.

It's not really bang for buck, if you consider the fact that it is a rebranded OEM product from OVC, a china manufacturer. In addition, the build quality is really poor, with numerous reports of housing breaking apart, getting electrical shocks and losing sound in the left ear piece. There is clearly a QC issue, and the fact that this problem is not corrected shows how much the manufacturer regards their customers.

Furthermore, reference comparison of Mylarone will reveal all the flaws and tonal imbalance. It is clearly not intended for accurate sound reproduction.

Do not take my words for gospel, go and get one pair and do A-B with reference monitor speakers.

Do not take my words for gospel, go and get one pair and do A-B with reference monitor speakers.

I think most consumer earphones will not stand up to A-B with monitor speakers. In fact most consumer audio speakers will also not stand up to A-B with monitor speakers. The earphones meant for studio use will probably be comparable to monitor speakers.

Flat frequency response will probably not sound right to many people. Which is why we have different house sound from the different manufacturers.

If all speakers should sound the same, even monitor speakers, there will not be much difference between the top models from the different marques.

I think most consumer earphones will not stand up to A-B with monitor speakers. In fact most consumer audio speakers will also not stand up to A-B with monitor speakers. The earphones meant for studio use will probably be comparable to monitor speakers.

Flat frequency response will probably not sound right to many people. Which is why we have different house sound from the different manufacturers.

If all speakers should sound the same, even monitor speakers, there will not be much difference between the top models from the different marques.

Point of A-Bing with reference speakers is not to see whether it is as good as the reference speaker, but to see the areas of tonal imbalance, and extent of the imbalance.

The crossroads are way off in their frequency response, which is why i'm not surprised the company has not released a curve.

It's okay to have some difference, but when it starts to sound like what it shouldn't, it's bad.

Edited by dcarter

Point of A-Bing with reference speakers is not to see whether it is as good as the reference speaker, but to see the areas of tonal imbalance, and extent of the imbalance.

The crossroads are way off in their frequency response, which is why i'm not surprised the company has not released a curve.

It's okay to have some difference, but when it starts to sound like what it shouldn't, it's bad.

Ok, I can see your point of view now. There are broadly two groups of audiophiles, one are the sound engineers type who wants the original sound, ie the "correct sound". The other group is the one who believes in enjoying the music with the "right sound".

Within each group and with the other group, there are no agreement of the correct and right sound. Therein is the enjoyment of arguing and testing etc. That's why we argue over the right and correct sound in the forums. :))

I belong to the second group. If I enjoy the music, I don't really care if the frequency response is right on. After all, equipment components also depend on the other components. Headphones do not work on their own. They work with players and amps. So we need to test the complete set-up. As one of our forumers said the key is "synergy".

What's the point of this post? Just that there is no one correct viewpoint. We all have our opinions. :))

Cheers.

Ok, I can see your point of view now. There are broadly two groups of audiophiles, one are the sound engineers type who wants the original sound, ie the "correct sound". The other group is the one who believes in enjoying the music with the "right sound".

Within each group and with the other group, there are no agreement of the correct and right sound. Therein is the enjoyment of arguing and testing etc. That's why we argue over the right and correct sound in the forums. :))

I belong to the second group. If I enjoy the music, I don't really care if the frequency response is right on. After all, equipment components also depend on the other components. Headphones do not work on their own. They work with players and amps. So we need to test the complete set-up. As one of our forumers said the key is "synergy".

What's the point of this post? Just that there is no one correct viewpoint. We all have our opinions. :))

Cheers.

As hwz's edmw-ers would say, you happy can riao.

:P

I see your point but just don't see why I should do that. It's like A - B Honda civic with a Ferrari to see if the Honda can accelerate as quick as the Ferrari in 10 sec.

Although I agree to the fact about problems and issues that you mentioned on the Crossroads, but you should always consider the price to performance ratio.