Northern Oak

Cayin HA-1A : Initial Impressions

With help from Northern Oak, the discerning points of note between the initial and latest batches of Cayin are as follows:

Old New

THD of headphone section = 2% 1%

Input sensitivity = 210-300mV 430mV

Input sensitivity speaker section 320mV 440mV

Input impedance 220Kohm 22Kohm

The 2 different colours of the cover (black and silver) are not indicative of the production batch, merely a choice of cosmetics.

Those produced in July onwards below to the latest batch and I perceive the initial batches may be prototypes.

Edited by Mackie

Hi,

Is Cayin available elsewhere in Singapore ? wink.gif

I don't think they are available in Singapore. There is a Cayin dealer over at Asiawide Building but I do not think they have them. Will be too expensive to ship from China - bout 8-9kg - might also damage the tubes. I was told a Chinese dealer that the price might be reduced later in the year, currently bout RMB 2kish I think.

BTW, I seem to have finally settle down to the following config:

Input Tube: Mullard ECC83

Driver Tube: Amperex Orange Globe

Power Tubes: Amperex Bugle Boy EL84

Have actually listened for the past week and hopefully I wil get to post my reviews in a short while.

Hmmm...this Spark company seems to be the OEM for Cayin, Tri and a few others - not sure if Leo is in the line up but some of the amps look very similar.

Hmmm...this Spark company seems very interesting. Wonder if they'll make us a 300B or 2A3 headphone amp? Now that will be amp worthy of both the SET crowd and the tubeaholics. I do hope if they ever do that that they use octal type pre amp tubes and stay away from the more modern 9-pins. 6SN7 - type. RCA Red Base comes to mind. Oh well one can deam right?

Hmmm...this Spark company seems very interesting. Wonder if they'll make us a 300B or 2A3 headphone amp? Now that will be amp worthy of both the SET crowd and the tubeaholics. I do hope if they ever do that that they use octal type pre amp tubes and stay away from the more modern 9-pins. 6SN7 - type. RCA Red Base comes to mind. Oh well one can deam right?

I think Opera has their Cyber 30 amp with the 2A3 and I've heard that can be mod to fit the 300Bs. Going by their popularity in HKland, a great head amp too.