Sign in to follow this  
evo

a tuner for a beginner like me?

any recommendations for a tuner?

around S$300

the only one i know is denon tu-260lmkii

don't know how it sounds

availability in sg?

Try getting those old analog tuner, they sound better with current analog signals from SCV. Each costs less than S$100 and it's value for money. Try shopping at Cash Converters, pre-owned hifi stalls, and Sungei road. wink.gif

But if you have become a radio junkie like me already, you should go for Audiolab 8000T, Leak Trough-line 3, Rotel RH-10, Marantz 2110 or 10B, Magnum Dynalab Etude, McIntosh MR-67, etc. These are classics that you should never let go when you have a chance to lay your hands on. wink.gif

Audiolab, Magnum Dynalab, McIntosh MR-67

just these 3 brands sound expensive enough...

too bad my budget not so high...

tee, see that u've got Tivoli PAL in ur sig

how much is it? [typical singaporean question]

does the headphone output provide stereo? [since tivoli pal only one speaker]

Mat - So far most of my radio listening is largely on FM (plus some thru' satellite radio).....on jazz, classical baroque and chinese music programs.....do you have any receommendation on SW or others ?

evo - PAL does have a stereo headphone jack at its back...price is about S$330

Henry Kloss' PAL wink.gif

evo, what is prized catch now on the tuner ? wink.gif

The one at Jurong West is called Leak's TroughLine 3....a tubed tuner built in 1965 and being reburished in adelphi recently by Adrian. Retuning and alignment of RF modulator were key efforts to get it back to perfect working condition. Quite hard to find one nowadays...but i saw someone posted a sale ad for Marantz 10B on column 64 in the Straits Times yesterday. You may want to try that....but be ready to fork out cash for this prized tuner in the thousands' range. wink.gif

U might be intested in a Marantz ST-3000 selling at $199 at KEC.

ST3000?

only heard of ST4000 and ST6000

but $199 sounds reasonable...hmm

But if you have become a radio junkie like me already, you should go for Audiolab 8000T, Leak Trough-line 3, Rotel RH-10, Marantz 2110 or 10B, Magnum Dynalab Etude, McIntosh MR-67, etc. These are classics that you should never let go when you have a chance to lay your hands on. wink.gif

For the record, I almost snap a gem of the a tuner recently for S$1000 - the Day Sequerra - the no. one radio on my list - have you heard of this piece of equipment.

Waited years for this baby but I was just that little late for the purchase, what a bummer!

wacko.gif

Hmmm...not a tuner man myself but Jolida had a tube based tuner a couple of years ago. It was quite good as I was listening to it in adelphi! Yes in the building and there wer no special coxial - just a simple wire as antena.

Bumping this up cps i'm looking for a tuner too.

Is there any new recommendation?

Budget round $250.

Do all receiver come with fm reception?