ablaze

the unthinkable has happened

I've got no idea if the x-cans are the cause of it. lets not jump to conclusions here yet...

I've got no idea if the x-cans are the cause of it. lets not jump to conclusions here yet...

See if you can measure the DC offset of your output. DC offset is undesirable, and too much of it can kill the speaker. I guess it's the same for headphone.

I'm not sure what is the allowable value for the DC offset, but I guess the diy guys at echoloft might be able to help.

Poor man huh.gif

Is this the sony's tradition? My 888 got same problem after half year of use, it has been lying in my drawer for almost one year already, just too lazy to send for service, and I don't think earbuds got warranty.

nah. the 888 are super sensitive. Just don try to blast them when you got it new.

One of my 868 earbuds has the left channel soundless but that was after I used them for 2-3 years. It just didn't work one fine day. It was fine the previous.

I did ask Radio Junction at somerset about repairing of the 868. He said it might cost more the the earphones itself ($40). But considering the cost of the 888, it may be worth the money.

I did ask Radio Junction at somerset about repairing of the 868. He said it might cost more the the earphones itself ($40). But considering the cost of the 888, it may be worth the money.

Where is the Radio Junction at somerset? Is it a sony shop? Or I can ask any sony shop?

N@Z,

I think the MG Head has a low and high setting (switch?). So it should not be a problem. Check with Jo Lau if you're unsure.

Check http://www.tubehifi.com/amp/amp/mgheaddt.html

Basically there's the MG Head 32 and the MG Head MkII

Check Joe Lau (Manufacturer's) comments here http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....ghlight=MG+Head

Where is the Radio Junction at somerset? Is it a sony shop? Or I can ask any sony shop?

Radio Junction is an official Sony dealer and a point for dropping of spoilt stuff for collection by Sony. There are other points too.

It's in the highest storey of Emerald Building i think. The one with the big TV opp somerset mrt.

Ting:

Good excuse to get a newer & better set of cans! happy.gif

UPDATE: Sony service centre and told me the right driver needed to be replaced. and the left driver, according to them, wasn't quite "right" either. cost of replacing both-2x$115(per driver) +$30 service charge.OUCH wacko.gif thankfully after a lil talking to them, they were nice enought to waive the service charge, and give me a 20% discount on the parts cost. so total's a slightly better $190. ph34r.gif

anybody else have any ideas what could've killed my cans? any thoughts?

Ablaze, read my earlier post. One transducer going south may be a faulty driver but both? Please check the X-Cans (I know I have said this to you b4 but please do listen to this).

Edited by Rameish