Sign in to follow this  
ninja

suggestions on big cans below 200

hello, i m quite new to here.i own a ipod 30gb for abt 3 years and planning to change the earphones to a big one that produces more vibrant sound..uh..most probably cost abt 200 or less cos i m a beginner of hifi lol..

i did some research and found high range headphones from sennheiser,grado and audio technica headphones are too expensive, also hard to drive on a ipod. can any pros give me some suggestions on picking mid range headphones ? i actually dun care about the look(if sounds great, also looks nice why not?)the priority is the sound quality. o ya..i listen to almost all genres, british rock, hiphop, but not heavymetal kind..thanks

Edited by ninja

Audio-Technica AD700. easy to drive and big-sounding for the price of around 200sgd.

IPB Image

Edited by sghound

cool..so this is the best u can get under 200? but it is open can, how severe is the leakage of sound from outside?how about the ES7 and Grado SR125

Actually audio technica and grado headphones are extremely easy to drive. Infact I will place them both as the MP3 player friendly headphones. Grado SR60,80 and MS1 are very good headphones and within your price range. For Audio Technica, A500, A700 and if you can pay slightly more A900 are fantastic for the budget.

The AD700 has good reviews and came up tops in a group test on Hifi News. Never audition it before, but heard the AD2000 from same series on Yotiao's Zana during a recent meet; except PS1, I like it the most.

Well one thing you should take into consideration of is when and where you them.

The ATs are open-headphones. You can hear noise around you and everyone can definitely hear what you're listening to...

Personally, I think the Alessandro MS-1's one of the best-value headphones ever. Try it out!

Well one thing you should take into consideration of is when and where you them.

The ATs are open-headphones. You can hear noise around you and everyone can definitely hear what you're listening to...

Personally, I think the Alessandro MS-1's one of the best-value headphones ever. Try it out!

But isn't the MS-1 also open headphones? I like the AT ATH-M50 which is a closed headphone and is below $200.

Edited by heady