Sign in to follow this  
Yon

Valgrind Sonicaps

Your rig is about the same as Wednesday.

Consider the Valgrind cap, mini and lod. It like a base, usable even if you upgrade your rig in future. So far it give me the biggest improvement. Ask Victor for an audition and judge for yourself.

Edited by ical

Wow are you using 2 pairs of caps in parrellel? Very interesting setup you got there. Can share more?

Logically speaking, two coupling caps in parallel will give more bass, but I'm waiting for his response. :cans:

is he in singapore? i always thought valgrind is from US lol

Nope, he's in Singapore. All the better to poison you.

Logically speaking, two coupling caps in parallel will give more bass, but I'm waiting for his response. :cans:

ical is the one and only lucky owner of the Valgrind monoblock caps. 8.6uF caps bypassed by teflons, putting them all in one box was kind of too big so the caps were split up. Hence the funky look.

These mono caps which L and R channel is drive by individual cap. Works like mono amps. More technical question, you'll have to check with Valgrind. :call:

They've to be specially order, hand made and very closely matched. It's Victor first and last as the amount of work, duration and cost involved doesn't justify the return. Unless he really need money. :grin: Make him an offer if you're interested. It do cost me a bomb. :sweat:

Edited by ical

mini3 and portapro. getting es7 and atrios soon lol

Hi Duck...

You might want to consider the SE IE8. It has the bass impact of the ATRIOS with the BASS Tuner knob up but the sound stage it can go is definitely better than the Atrio. I also own an Atrio and thinking of jumping to IE8, if customs don't snare me in. This will keep you from buying the latter if you don't feel contented. =)

I am also a happy valgrind user (this seems akward as it feels Valgrinds are addictive Substances. lol!). They do change the quality of your rig. To give you an idea how poisonous they are. My first valgrind Purchase. I just sat 10 mins listening to my Auditioning tracks and "pow" I took out my wallet and paid right away not even flinching. =D

A Pic of my portable rig.

IPB Image

Edited by jojo_b2

I didn't even audition when I first bought their caps and cables. Even at the day of collection. All based on impression from fellow members. Price is reasonable compare to ALO and Victor warranty his stuff with money back if not satisfy so I'm thinking that there's not risk for me. So far their products that I have bought have yet to disappoint me.

@ jojo

The one and only black caps you have there. :grin:

Edited by ical

@ jojo

The one and only black caps you have there. :grin:

@ical

Thank you for sharing them to me. BTW, just tell me when you're done with the stuff. I'm in an itch to try them out. I got my Desktop Amp yesterday. But no hurries as I know you still have a lot of stuff to do to. I am surviving my commute via my Bluetooth headphones. =)

2x on Cal's recommendation. Service wise Vic goes to a lot of length in helping me straighten out my stuff. Not to mention Valgrind products never stops to amaze me right from stock even after some lengths of use. =)

Like some of you here, I bought the Valgrind sonicaps, LOD, and mini cable without any audition. Enjoying them ever since...pretty satisfied with my portable rig now, though last night, a few of you guys were poisoning me will all the talks about the jellyfish for my home rig...another superb product from Valgrind, but afraid to audition it at the moment, don't want to die from its poison just yet (Chinese New Year is around the corner-lah).

These mono caps which L and R channel is drive by individual cap. Works like mono amps. More technical question, you'll have to check with Valgrind. :call:

They've to be specially order, hand made and very closely matched. It's Victor first and last as the amount of work, duration and cost involved doesn't justify the return. Unless he really need money. :grin: Make him an offer if you're interested. It do cost me a bomb. :sweat:

Oh I see. Yeah those 8.6uf caps aren't cheap, that's why I thought it was just 2 pairs of caps in parallel. How does it compare with the normal Valgrind 4.7uf?

Oh I see. Yeah those 8.6uf caps aren't cheap, that's why I thought it was just 2 pairs of caps in parallel. How does it compare with the normal Valgrind 4.7uf?

hear it and judge for yourself. ;)

veryyyy soooooooonnnnnnnn :DD

It's nothing much, all hype.

Not. It's insane.