ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Muahahaha no need. I wait to get them off of you instead then :grin:

So what Omega do you have in your collection?

That's during the golden years when market is booming for me. Since then I've stop all the watch nonsense.

I'm crazy about Omega moon watch. Love it's history and classic look. Sorry, they're not for sale. :grin:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

:b2t

@Wednesday

Limited edition Mathmos Astrobaby Yellow-Orange for you sir? Only 50 pieces in the world. Or you can go for the light changing Mini Lamp. :grin:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by ical

In my opinion, for Omega, only the moon watch is worth collecting and only the vintage calibre. No worries as a lot of omegas have come and gone through my wrists. I've sold off the Gemini 4 and gave the rest of the three a pass. I've kept a few and only have one more I am targeting for my collection, a mint calibre 321 Speedmaster :lust:

:b2t

What are the Omega's doing in this thread? :bash:

Perhaps they work well as footers? :lol:

I think it'll be ideal since it's face is made of sapphire crytstal which has very good resonance. Just make sure it not replica as it's whole face can pop out under pressure. :lol::lol:

Edited by ical

My bad :P

Just kidding. :grin:

I think it'll be ideal since it's face is made of sapphire crytstal which has very good resonance. Just make sure it not replica as it's whole face can pop out under pressure. :lol::lol:

The ticking will create resonance!

Just kidding. :grin:

The ticking will create resonance!

They are all manual winding...as long as he doesn't wind them...it won't tick ..... ^_^

So where's your impression for the new amp? :grin:

Only had 1 hour of listening so far. :( Today had a bad day at work too... Sigh, tomorrow I'm off though, can listen the WHOLE day. :grin:

One thing I have to say is that the moment I turned it on fully stock I was quite disappointed. Had buyer's remorse for awhile. Changed to the BlackSand Violet Z1, blacker background and more dynamics but not really a lot of difference. But when I tried a tube I got off eBay, WOW. :grin:

Think I need some more listening time to do further tweaks, I tried with and without the Qi Cones and couldn't tell much of a difference.

How about this to match the woodie panels:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyes/.../CDPX777ES.html

:D

That player is GORGEOUS. Thanks for all the nice comments about my amp. I'm very happy with the look. :)

Edited by uberburger101

Tube amp require more time to run in compare to solidstate. My advice is to leave it on overnight 12hrs for the first time, enable it to reach it's correct working temperature to bed in the output tube and transformer. Give it some time. You'll hear improvement after 50hrs.

Be careful with tube rolling. It can be very addictive especially NOS tube which usually sound great but at a price. :grin:

Qi Cones need skill to tune. Not difficult but need to charge you 20% for the tips. :grin::grin:

That vintage Sony cdp is not cheap if you're looking at mint condition.

Edited by ical

Tube amp require more time to run in compare to solidstate. My advice is to leave it on overnight 12hrs for the first time, enable it to reach it's correct working temperature to bed in the output tube and transformer. Give it some time. You'll hear improvement after 50hrs.

Be careful with tube rolling. It can be very addictive especially NOS tube which usually sound great but at a price. :grin:

Qi Cones need skill to tune. Not difficult but need to charge you 20% for the tips. :grin::grin:

That vintage Sony cdp is not cheap if you're looking at mint condition.

Running it in now, planning to run it in the whole of tomorrow too. :) Especially since mine has extra BG caps in the PSU too. 20% of a cup of kopi can? :P

lava lamp. :drool:

you all team woody. :bash::bash::bash:

I wanna try your mapletree amp!!! must go raid your house liao. :D

just heard that Ig's Heaven on Parkway Parade still stock selective Mathmos lava lamp models :drool:

but too far for me to visit :rclxub:

Too poisonous to share...already given impression to Kidult. :grin:

You were not kidding when you mentioned of the improvements!

make it I'm the 3rd believer :))