ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

once i save enough $$$,i am gg to WTB blue lava lamp!wahpiang!so nice lor!all the lava lamp,i see my friend one!KNS!the lava dun flow nice nice one!seperated....i see calvin one,walao!sui lah

Sigh. I ran out of hours that I can work. :doh:

Means you have maxed out your pay for the month...congrats!! Time to buy, buy, buy...:grin:

Means you have maxed out your pay for the month...congrats!! Time to buy, buy, buy...:grin:

I actually meant even with so many hours of work I can't afford so many of those things in this thread. :cry:

I actually meant even with so many hours of work I can't afford so many of those things in this thread. :cry:

As you once said....."One at a time". :grin:

Edited by Lazyboy

Ha, ha...I knew what you meant...just joshing with you. :grin:

"even with so many hours of work I can't afford so many of those things in this thread"

Mmm, personally, i do think that hifi/cans is quite a snobbish hobby.

some kind similar to golf or sports car hobby lor.

More money usually equate to a better product, but the performance increment may not be linear to the price.

Luckily, there is still an additional factor of system matching. I.e. u bring in the most expensive components and put them together may not perform better than carefully chosen parts to form a coherent team.

E.g buy eleven most expensive players and form a soccer team does not equate dominance.

Chemistry and time to gel (run in time) are still essential.

"even with so many hours of work I can't afford so many of those things in this thread"

More money usually equate to a better product, but the performance increment may not be linear to the price.

Luckily, there is still an additional factor of system matching. I.e. u bring in the most expensive components and put them together may not perform better than carefully chosen parts to form a coherent team.

E.g buy eleven most expensive players and form a soccer team does not equate dominance.

x2

It is unfortunate that although audio components can be cheaply produced, the market still perceive highly priced audio products as high "quality" products, thus making such products perpetually expensive (price-perceived quality? Forgotten all my economic terms). Wish hifi products had gone the way of digital cameras; nowadays even a full-frame SLR is quite affordable.

Actually price of audio has came down quite a lot as compare to the past as most has shifted their factory to China. Like camera, quality is also compromise. That's why most vintage stuffs still hold it's value.

And like cars, this is a luxury hobby and chasing the nirvana is never ending.

Edited by ical

Actually price of audio has came down quite a lot as compare to the past as most has shifted their factory to China. Like camera, quality is also compromise. That's why most vintage stuffs still hold it's value.

And like cars, this is a luxury hobby and chasing the nirvana is never ending.

True. But the point is, for the Hi-Fi market, highly priced products are still perceived as better quality. Thus, to maintain this perception, products may be priced higher although manufacturing and material cost may have come down (PS1000 for example?). Jpcc may be right in saying that this is a "snobbish" hobby.

As for cameras, such as the Canon SLRs and Lenses, they are still made in Japan, and the newer models have more functions, faster and sharper, yet the price has come down.

Edited by Kachui

There are also cases where prices have not come down but for the same price, you get more functionality/feature. Another sales tactic I guess :)