ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

@Hellfire

Cheapest tweaks fror the System w/c cost less than a CD mat is a few pieces of QR8s and Telos Platinum RCA Caps. I find they give you the immediate effect. The CD mat isn't as bad either. But I find it doesn't give you good results on Badly recorded CDs. :think:

maybe when i free i shall go over to stanley hse to help myself and bring back to try out on my rig. :whistle:

Like eric said.

Also, don't go into digital, cause once you get used to opening foobar and just click! and access the equivalent of few hundred cds, you won't want to go back anymore :grin:

actually i disagree haha. i came from foobar to cdp. storage space is a problem and i store all my lossless on a wireless external harddisk and the most irritating thing is the jitter i get during songs due to lag. zzz

tagging, ripping and archiving them properly has been too much of a hassle.

although using cdp, my choices of albums is greatly reduced as compared to pc but give me more reason to go out and buy cds and support the artist. :yes:

hunting for cds that are hard to find can be quite fun/rewarding/sastifying experience. ^_^

yeah... hunting for cds is great fun! Esp if you don't speak the language, like in Japan, it becomes even more exciting.

You should listen to turntable. Then you'll understand why some don't mind all the trouble just to listen to one LP. Btw, I thought uber moved from PC to cdp? :think:

Does your computer look like this? :grin:

IPB Image

Haha I wish :bash:

But really, the hassle of cleaning and maintaining the LP and turntable...

Maybe cause I haven't heard a proper one yet.

Thanks for all the good advice guys. Makes me wonder why I still go over to the OTHER forum. :P

To clarify, many thoughts run through my head all the time, as people like hellfire should know best. :blush: My rig decisions have changed radically over the past half a year, and only eventually did I settle on my current set-up.

Toying with the idea of getting a DAC because I've seen so many people on Head-fi getting an all-in-one Oppo/Denon player and simply upgrading the DAC all the way. Wonder what's the end result like. And I am definitely not getting a DAC to use with my computer, I've grown used to the tangible feeling of putting a CD into the tray and pressing "close". :grin:

It's probably just a passing phase though, I only have one more month left to work before it's back to study. :yuck: (Read: One more month left of pay.)

buy more CDs to listen la :grin:

Haha I wish :bash:

But really, the hassle of cleaning and maintaining the LP and turntable...

Maybe cause I haven't heard a proper one yet.

we can help to arrange audition if you are keen :grin: but at the end must buy one leh :drool:

maybe when i free i shall go over to stanley hse to help myself and bring back to try out on my rig. :whistle:

try what?? the CD Mat??? just buy one lah...no need to try.... :grin:

try what?? the CD Mat??? just buy one lah...no need to try.... :grin:

Exactly, now I'm on the look-out for more CDs. Cheaper than upgrading component. (Well, relatively.)

CD Mat should be quite cheap now since there's the offer at X Audio. Think I might be grabbing one. :whistle:

x2.

uber, don't waste your time looking at DAC. You already have a very good cdp. You'll gain more returns spending on software instead.

Jitter is always the problem which most don't realize. Most audiophile knows about it which is why they're reluctant to get a DAC to mess it up. Also more cables means more problem. As mentioned, getting it right and making it sound good is going to cost a bomb like those from Accustic Arts, Wadia and Audio Research. A separate transport and dac doesn't meant that you've get the best sound. As we always said, it better to go for the best integrated cdp, unless you've the money to burn for the best transport and DAC.

Read the following and you'll understand why I don't jump into it.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/diginterf2_e.html

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/jitter1_e.html

Edited by ical

I hear this transport and dac not bad, perhaps can consider down the road....

IPB Image

IPB Image

You guys are making me itch to find myself a nice budget CDP myself...

you should anyway :cans::grin::bash:

You guys are making me itch to find myself a nice budget CDP myself...

There are alot of 2nd hand CDPs at Echoloft now. :whistle:

There are alot of cheap yet very good CDP like the Marantz and Cambridge Audio CDP.

Maybe upgrading from my Pioneer PD-204 to any Cambridge Audio CDP. :P

There are alot of cheap yet very good CDP like the Marantz and Cambridge Audio CDP.

Maybe upgrading from my Pioneer PD-204 to any Cambridge Audio CDP. :P

We can actually start a Team Cambridge Audio. lol! =)