ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

too bad Phonitor no RCA input <_<

Upgrade to 840C? :whistle:

Upgrade to 840C? :whistle:

how about Upsampling to 32-bit/192 kHz :grin:

want to ask this question,how to tune isolation cones?like qicone and all,sorry..new to this and want to seek some help from some user here...i myself find tuning to be different if i had to sit down and keep moving the cones around and listen then move then listen... :rclxub:

:whistle:IPB Image:wub:

my cones are make of lighter coloured wood which i am very worried when i come back and see the colour of the other qicones to be very very dark...but well...the seller told me that this is a unfinished set of qicone without the lacquer and so on....is the darker wood colour due to lacquer or something?

Edited by ito

want to ask,the cones does move very easilly and by moving it,the sound change,so what are some of the ways that i can do with it?to keep the cones in place?

Any idea if I would get a better price/performance by adding a DAC to my current CDP (will be used as purely a transport if so), or by getting a whole new CDP? I know the transport matters too, but I'm hoping my current CDP's transport isn't that lousy. :blush:

Any idea if I would get a better price/performance by adding a DAC to my current CDP (will be used as purely a transport if so), or by getting a whole new CDP? I know the transport matters too, but I'm hoping my current CDP's transport isn't that lousy. :blush:

Think you have a good CDP already. If wanna upgrade, just buy your Rega-lah. Getting a seperate DAC will mean an additional interconnect (need a good one) and powercord. Which DAC are you looking at, by the way?

and a coaxial cable as well :grin:

Stello DA100.

now is DA100 signature liao

@uberburger101

i would advise you to calculate the potential cost of going transport + dac vs cdp.

for transport + dac combo, as Kachui mention you need to count the cost of a powercord, interconnect from transport to dac and lastly knowing you, footers for the dac. Another consideration is also space. do you have to space on your table to add another item?

for cdp upgrade, you can sell off your current one to get a new one thus lowering your upgrade cost.

you should map out the 2 potential options you are looking at and calculate the total cost for each path.

whether the Rega path or the Stello path will sound better i have no idea. That for you to find out. :grin: