ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

poison me with wat? :bash:

omega 2 with BHSE/stax 707 amp? didnt turn me a complete stax fans and He60 as well :grin:

so yur electrostatics poison cannot poison me yet.... :ppth:

u tot i easy victim meh? i poison yur food later then u know.... :shifty:

yalor uber why so free ler? sure studying? or savoring something good for yurself? :grin::lust:

That was for the 11 weeks before this. :innocent:

Are you sure they're girls, not men? :grin:

poison me with wat? :bash:

omega 2 with BHSE/stax 707 amp? didnt turn me a complete stax fans and He60 as well :grin:

so yur electrostatics poison cannot poison me yet.... :ppth:

u tot i easy victim meh? i poison yur food later then u know.... :shifty:

yalor uber why so free ler? sure studying? or savoring something good for yurself? :grin::lust:

That's why you're going in circle. :whistle: Yet to hear BHSE and 717 so don't say too early ah. :smoke:

huh ical. the B24 cannot be compare to hifi power amp? i thought it can power a club!

That's what most people in headphone thought. But if you're into hifi, you'll know that B24 is not there yet. Kidult's old Gryphon integrated amp might be even better.

Edited by ical

It not about it's ability to drive speakers, it about how well it sound. Unless you're a master of DIY. Eg Sun Audio SV-2A3, those built by Frankie from Well Audio sound so much better those DIYers.

I've seen many DIY solid state amps that come and go. Some of them are much bigger and much more power than B24. But only few that made it to sound good.

Designing and making an amp is an art which performance is affected by too many factors like soldering, wiring and matching of components. From what I learn from those into DIY, getting the best parts doesn't ensure the best sound. So to build an DIY product, you'll need to have vast experience. Any mistake is very costly. So most prefer to make tube amp as it's circuit is simpler and chance of sounding good is high, how well it sound depend more on the characteristic of the tube use.

http://images.google.com/images?client=saf...=N&hl=en&tab=wi

http://www2.big.or.jp/~sunaudio/index_e.html

Edited by ical

Woah. Looks "deep"...

But i find AMB design his stuff really well. And i am pretty sure they sound quite good as well? Have not tried them so i can only guess :/

Even if B24 can't drive speakers well i think they still sounds good for those "baby" speakers.

No doubt about his design, fyi it's the makers here that play a part. Unless AMB build it themselves like Justin's BHSE which ensure the quality of the product, then it worth checking out.

Edited by ical

Aiyah, whatever your dream is, just get it and be happy. That's the thing about consumer choice, you can buy anything you like.... and then aim for the next thing in the near future! :grin:

It not about it's ability to drive speakers, it about how well it sound. Unless you're a master of DIY. Eg Sun Audio SV-2A3, those built by Frankie from Well Audio sound so much better those DIYers.

I've seen many DIY solid state amps that come and go. Some of them are much bigger and much more power than B24. But only few that made it to sound good.

Designing and making an amp is an art which performance is affected by too many factors like soldering, wiring and matching of components. From what I learn from those into DIY, getting the best parts doesn't ensure the best sound. So to build an DIY product, you'll need to have vast experience. Any mistake is very costly. So most prefer to make tube amp as it's circuit is simpler and chance of sounding good is high, how well it sound depend more on the characteristic of the tube use.

http://images.google.com/images?client=saf...=N&hl=en&tab=wi

http://www2.big.or.jp/~sunaudio/index_e.html

the sun audio only sounds good because of the tamura OPT, for OPT there is no doubt on performance of expensive permalloy trans. i had a pair of hammond transformers which i threw out after going permalloy.

tamura prices have gone up significantly over the years driving sun-audio prices up. back when i was still fiddling around, a sun-audio SV2A3 was 2k flat. now current shipment from japan's btwn 3.3k to 3.8k sgd. some of the tamura main trans are at 1.3k each.. lundahl prices went up 50%.. eventually most turn to hammond cuz its still cheap and in good supply.

Aiyah, whatever your dream is, just get it and be happy. That's the thing about consumer choice, you can buy anything you like.... and then aim for the next thing in the near future! :grin:

it was a regret that i couldnt moonlight and run a small headfi/hifi business. its good money due to human subjectivity in audio preferences and experiences, different combinations will sound different, but good or not its relative to a variable yardstick.

whichever the case, its always win win situation for manufacturers and retailers :grin::grin:

No doubt about his design, fyi it's the makers here that play a part. Unless AMB build it themselves like Justin's BHSE which ensure the quality of the product, then it worth checking out.

Then i need to practise my soldering with small stuff first :rclxub:

Then i need to practise my soldering with small stuff first :rclxub:

Practise more practise harder then we can have our very own DIY master! :thumbup:

Practise more practise harder then we can have our very own DIY master! :thumbup:

so nes ne :dance:

enough power without clipping? :party::thumbup:

Been listening to the Mapletree HD250SE / K1000 combo the past few days. No clipping whatsoever.

It sounds as good (if not better) than the Gryphon Tabu Integrated Amp / K1000 pairing I heard at Kidult's place last Saturday. Maybe it's because there were alot of adapters / connectors to the Gryphon amp that day, but the synergy between the HD250 and the K1000 is pretty special.

There's even enough bass to satisfy a bass-head like me... :party:

What I want to know is how the HD250 does with the... RS-1! :holiday:

What RS-1??!! Wait till you hear it with the PS-1... :DD

Can i try? :DD

How is it compared to the Yamamoto? :dance:

Of course! Just PM me or wait till Can Slam 2010 - that meet will be awesome as everyone would have received their high power toys! :drool:

Yamamoto sold... can't do a direct comparison now...

I need to visit your place soon and tryout your toys!! :D

Anytime bro! When you finish building your B22, we'll have a mini-meet with my HD250SE - see which drives the K1000 better! :grin:

Been absent for a week, but everyone seems to be very busy. Now, more nice things to try! :thumbup:

another headphones meet coming soon? :think:

now i really doubting the trouble and hassle of dragging the whole rig ... :sweat:

why we dont do a IN house visit? :think: