Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

B22 1st impression ......

well i need to ask the sifu to modified the jellyfish to xlr inputs or take the caps out and install directly into B22

i not gonna waste my jellyfish for no reason and now is about 800 hours burn in.... :think:

argggg headache again :rclxub:

well i need to ask the sifu to modified the jellyfish to xlr inputs or take the caps out and install directly into B22

i not gonna waste my jellyfish for no reason and now is about 800 hours burn in.... :think:

argggg headache again :rclxub:

Don't caps only accept unbalanced signals? I really don't see how you're going to include that... Not sure about installing it directly into the B22 though.

Think your jellyfish will be grabbed very quickly if you decide to sell it. :P

no way ! i not selling my jellyfish away :D

much time and passion spend on it and now it's tuned to my liking aledi :cans:

it' like tubeman said caps is like each and others personal soundsignature caps..

it's tuned to my own soundsignature and i not selling it away after those burning in and feeding it with various music.... :D

Edited by Eric Chia

@Jojo: That is your cue to stop buying audio equipment! :P

@Eric: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can't use caps in a fully balanced setup... means neglect for your jellyfish. :no:

Hahaha not really actually this should be the time I start buying before I get into the nitty gritty of wedding Preparations and no time to buy oh no money to buy. :no:

Anyway, haven't really bought anything NEW I amn just swapping out some old stuff. Most of the time spending time listening. Oh and buying CDs. lol! :cry:

If everything becomes ok in a a week or two. You should visit the LC3 again. The Jan Silvana 6922 tubes + tube rings does a lot of justice for my HD650 it is singing right now. My only gripe is the tube rings seems to do its job VERY well. it now takes 40-45 mins to heat up my amp from the original 20-30 min. :doh:

But after heatup all harshness gone the LC3 very smooth and Very dark. I can actually listen to my Grado 325 and CD900st for the whole evening without tiring.

@ eric.

I also have the same prob from my DacMagic to my nEar05 I cannot place the irukandji anymore without making the signal unbalanced. But i still use the nEa05 with the IMOD as source on the Irukandji passing thru the unbalanced in of my Tapco Mix 50 Mixer. The sound is still very good. This was my setup when I took the pic below. This might not be the best setup but it is a very convinient and a low-cost way to use the Irukandji or an unbalanced CDP as a source. I still have A LOT to learn with unbalanced rigs. =)

IPB Image

If not mistaken, to make the irukandji balanced you need to have another pair of caps inside one for each channel. =p You might end up getting two Irukandji modified to have the balanced signal for Left and right. :sweat:

Edited by jojo_b2

well that the problem if i planning to go for balanced.....

anyway i am interested in trying yur new tubes :D

i wondering wat performances it will gives if i swap tube with my dac 5 :cans: i need to get myself a telefunken for it :shifty:

i will give u a call if i coming this week going back to kl and mostly be back on next wed or thurs latest...

another shot of infamous B22 my friend's though!! :cans: with benchmark dac1......

post-4657-1235016013_thumb.jpg

post-4657-1235016161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eric Chia

well that the problem if i planning to go for balanced.....

anyway i am interested in trying yur new tubes :D

i wondering wat performances it will gives if i swap tube with my dac 5 :cans: i need to get myself a telefunken for it :shifty:

i will give u a call if i coming this week going back to kl and mostly be back on next wed or thurs latest...

another shot of infamous B22 my friend's though!! :cans: with benchmark dac1......

Hey eric how did that benchmark perform?

Another beautiful B22. He built it himself?

Edited by peanutbutterjam

well in terms of transparency and 3d layering it is the best that i heard yet even better than my hybrid xindak 5 and the same performance as lavry dac10

but musically it lose to xindak 5 tube dac and lavry dac10.....lacks the warmness and richness....

a very high end dac :thumbup:

b22?

he ordered from Nammaff himself.....so 2 basically same B22 i heard but different casing :party:

well in terms of transparency and 3d layering it is the best that i heard yet even better than my hybrid xindak 5 and the same performance as lavry dac10

but musically it lose to xindak 5 tube dac and lavry dac10.....lacks the warmness and richness....

b22?

he ordered from Nammaff himself.....so 2 basically same B22 i heard but different casing :party:

Wow. i wished I was able to hear out how the DACs sounded like. It might point me to a new path later. :think:

Eric you,ve been BUSY lately. :sweat:

b22?

Hmm interesting. What exactly is it in the musicality that the Benchmark lacks compared to the DA10?

Eric you,ve been BUSY lately. :sweat:

:innocent::lol:

Eric, have you seen this:

Link from Head-fi: (I quoted the post below for your viewing pleasure) :grin:

I'm touched by its looks.

Up for sale my (buildt by me) B22. Reason: need funds for other stuff, that more important at this point.

The amp (W:265 x H:210 x D:250mm) is: 4 B22 boards + 4 S22 PSU boards. It’s 8 gain version so it can output 50Wrms into 8Ω. Two 230VA (each) transformers are in separate enclosure (W:200 x H:75 x D:200mm) and connected to the amp via two (one for each channel) umbilical cords with L=53inch each. The amp has two balanced outputs: 4pin XLR and Two 3pin XLRs. It could be hard to see but the front and back panels are dark blue (royal blue).

The passive balanced level control sit in separate box (with Goldpoint attenuator inside) and basically DIY version of Goldpoint SA1X (Goldpoint SA1X Level Control / Passive Preamp)

Conrad heat sinks, FPE custom panels, Muse caps, SPC wires, silver solder etc. Each nut has a locker and each connection was heat shrinked. What else can I say; the amp was made to keep and never intended for sale.

I won’t ship the amp, only local pick up within driving to Washington DC metro aria.

You can check it out or buy, if it last that long, at the DC meet on April 5th.

Price: the parts alone for this baby were around $2K. Thanks.

Here the pics: (for serious buyer I can provide internal pics too)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by peanutbutterjam

benchmark i found it to be cold and analytical

lacks the (pull) and atmosphere to draw u in listening mood ( not warm )

like listening to studio recording there itself without any coloration ( very very neutral)

lavry on the other hand pull u in like the high flagship darkvoice 337 amp warm,rich and laidback and fast and analytical at the same time

the force is there hehe :D

basically benchmark is really neutral dac while lavry colors the music a bit....

and i tested with orchestral classic music like violin concertos by Alban Berg and Igor Stravins

the strings :DD omg i love them they actually produced like so surreal in the orchestral......

both of them is very good in fact

but i will choose lavry dac11 over it if i have budget for it.....

well xindak dac 5 i need to get telefunken tubes and let me c the performance is as good as the lavry itself..... :thumbup:

wah funky looking b22

too bad he wont ship internationally unless u would be kind enuff to go U.s and grab for me ler hahaha

Edited by Eric Chia

For sen hd600 and hd650 they outshine the rest of the 2 cans i have

I'm using HD600 with my B22, but always curious how the K701 would sound with the B22. Any chance of a in-depth review?

Edited by ivant