the guy that wrote the review in headfi told me to get it if im a basshead since he say it sounds like the UE11. lol. but too bad its not available YET ):

but if reshelling EB. the custom will be so big, the dynamic looks quite big. from the design of EB vs Pro.

Aron did say you need big ears for them...

after listening intensely to my reshelled superfi5pro, here is my input on this..

the change in sound is significant. Strangely, the sound seems further away than when using the universal with complys. While I certainly can hear more detail, it no longer sounds like my superfi5pro that I had loved.

I also notice that there are slight dent on the body of 1 driver on each side of my custom. Perhaps there was slight damage during the reshelling process?

However, overall, SQ is still pretty good coming from just a reshelled superfi5pro, but the (increased) bass can sometimes be abit muddy, different from the original superfi5pro where the bass was less and tighter. This may be due to the difference in seal.

Still, having a custom this cheap and giving new life to my old superfi5pro was certainly cool and many thanks to aron for bringing us this service.

The comfort level of the customs is unbeatable and certainly beats spending big bucks buy foams (complys). (I can now lie on my bed and roll around while using my reshelled superfi5pro, which was not possible with the universal superfi5pro.

At least for me, no regret in getting it!

Edited by weikiat

i am so tempted...is this service still available?

i have a TF10 which is <6mths old, is it advisable to get it reshelled?

to fellow TF10 owners who got theirs reshelled, did you add in the fourth driver?

lastly, nice to meet you guys!!

:)

yours are pink i assume??

does it attract a lot of attention?

thanks in advance :)

its mellow if you compare it to red.

but i think it is the best. blue or black liike like weird stuff. translucent looks weird too. (my 2 cents)

heard the transparent one looks nice,

Hi Aron,

May i ask what these are originally before being reshelled?

The black/blue one was a UM1 but with 2 more drivers added to form a triple driver custom.

The Translucent blue was a triplefi10pro.

The yellow one was Se530.... i think. :wacko:

is the quad-driver model available?

They should be ready by this week and I'll be the first guinea pig, according to UM, it is very very very good. :wub:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics