Huma Dragonbane

Newbie here.What's the budget wireless headphone?

What's the best budget wireless heaphone I should get? I'm on a very tight budget. I prefer those headphones sets with stands for me to place the headphones. Something like what sennhieser has. Thanks for any help given! party.gif

A tight budget would certainly limit your choices to the cheap & nasty ones as the good cordless Senns RS series are not exactly cheap in the first place. I know it's been said before over & over again but with the same amount of money you can buy a really good pair of 'wired' headphones.

What's the reason you want wireless? Its real expensive for the kind of quality you get. Unless absolutely necessary, I think its better that u get corded ones

On a general basis, cordless cans merely offer convenience and not sound quality unless your budget is raised substantially. Even then, one should still find its equivalently priced wired counterparts superior in sound.

Anybody tried the Senn RS65?? I was thinking of getting a pair for my friends birthday happy.gif

Can they really do surround sound? Dolby pro-logic/AC3? Or is it just one of those fake things like '3D sound' dry.gif

Cheers,

I have no experience with RS65 but I reckon the surround pans are dependant on the AV amp driving the cans. I tried my cans on my Yamaha AX2 AV amp, which comes with headphone surround circuitry. It gives U a dose but nonetheless not impressive relative to that from speakers .....naturally.

Yeah, after weighing the cons of wireless headphones, (mainly the batt life) decided to get a corded one instead. What do you guys think of this one? Or is there a cheaper alternative? I'm not really fussy and just a casual user, so......

Considering this one:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheise...4484?Open&row=7

user posted image

model is HD500.

Cost $189. I'd rather get headphones along the lines of $100, but if I were to splurge would this be a good pair of headphones? (I know my budget is really low, so hope you guys don't laugh at it, like I said, I'm just a casual user but still want decent enough sound) party.gif

What is your musical preference, that is what kind of music do you like to listen to.

Also, do you need stuff like sound isolation?

What is your musical preference, that is what kind of music do you like to listen to.

Also, do you need stuff like sound isolation?

Haha, I know what preference is. Well, for me I'm very open. Somtimes classical, pop-rock, rock, metal, jazz, dance, ballads, funk. But I think I'm leaning towards softer music? Cause I'll be using them mainly at night to relax and all that. So it'd be great if I the pair of headphones could really perform well in the instrumental department. I don't know, maybe something like the braveheart ost, eric clapton's best of, a couple of nsync ballads, edwin mccain's songs? What's sound isolation?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm totally new to these stuff. party.gif

hmm instrumental what about AKG K501... not very good bass though. Should be able to get around 150 for second hand (or less). I heard it is not for everyone, so remeber audition as many different kind of music as you can before you buy it from the person. Very good for instrumental.