Sign in to follow this  
timo

newbie here.. recommend foldable closed backs?

bummer: Thats the point! semi-closed are supposed to have the pros of closed and open! Good sounstage, lighter than most closed cans and provide some sound isolation. headphone.gifcool.gif

Heh Lekguan, the closed cans are supposed to have added depth of bass right? In terms of isolation, I don't think there's much or any isolation in the 880. but yes, the 880 is definitely lighter and a lot more comfortable. I don't think everyone can take wearing the 280pro. Not just the weight, but the pressure as well. The pressure lessens after a bit of usage, but its still there. Probably to provide the 'seal'.

not actually, closed cans usually have more bass but closed doesnt mean close = deeper bass. It doesn't leak sound in/out usually. Its suppose to provide some isolation (if you can compare with an open can).

wow@ check out the replies.. sorry guys.. kena duty orderly in the guard room. =(

whole nite neva koon.

ermm budget around 100 to 150 lah.

used them for my guitar effects... as in i plug them in.. instead of using an amp to practice at home..

and using them on my MD.. which is why i want portability/ foldability? the px200.. is it somewhat like the 212's ? tried 212 pros b4.. the bass response kicks ass...

oh yea.. i bought the sony in-ear ones.. ex 71 issit? the sound detail quite crap.. it just cancels outside sound.. tht's all.. gd for sleeping in camp. without disturbance.

thanks all for ur 'sound' advice. ;P

timo: push your budget a little and get Shure e2c @ SGD190 if you really want portability and isolation.

Maybe someone who has experience with e2c can give some comments?

timo: push your budget a little and get Shure e2c @ SGD190 if you really want portability and isolation.

Maybe someone who has experience with e2c can give some comments?

That's of course adhoc, plus he can give a comparison with the PX200. I'm thinking of getting the Shures too, waitin for my wallet to get fat enough. whistling.gif

see if there are more recommendations first. but px200 does fit the bill well for your budget.

"Sennheiser PX200/$85 (Have to bargain)/Jade Gift Shop @ Shaw Towers" taken from sticky thread.

oh really!!

change for how much!.

u know wat.. i took out the padding..cos i tot i could resolder or something..

dunno how to put in back.. now got another problem liao =( sigh!

btw.. saw this audiotechnica one at bugis village.. blue camou.. foldable ones..

duno which model though...and they selling my Wecans there too~~ more resonable priced than Hung bros lor..

the e2 is much better than the px200. a lot more isolation (but less than er4s/p) and a lot better sound. ymmv though, the frequency response of the e2s are affected ALOT by the shape of your ear canal.

and the dt880 although being listed as 'semi open' is effectively full open in terms of isolation - nil.

just got a pair of 7506's...

party.gif

its got my recommendation.

In ear canal earphones have never worked well for me because of the way my ear looks like. The last earphones that i had, the sony ex70's (had both the black and white models) were pretty good at isolation and the ear-plug design was effective but they never could stay in my ears and would slip out after a little moving around.

px200

tried them at the 2nd meet at pippee's place

nice case [like a spectacles case] and folding design, but its a bit on the small side

the cups rest on my ears instead of enclosing them, thus isolation is not that good compared to full size cans like V6/7506 or hd212

V6/7506

tried them at the 1st meet at rameish's place

built like a tank

supposed to have good bass [didn't notice it during the very short test]

its got a coiled cord [like home telephone cord, some people don't like it]