ablaze

New acquisition

I think I'd gladly pay $20 for the stand alone hehe laugh.gif

How much are the HP890s over where you are N@Z, out of curiosity?

If anybody sell this stand for $20, I'll grab it! w00t.gif

The philips are not exactly well made as I read so take care when taking it apart.

I'm not sure we read the same thing but I remember a post on Head-Fi by snufkin who owns Headphonics in Australia, and he said that the HP890 were flimsy and rather easily broken. But here's the weird thing: some plasticky things actually last longer than some so-called well-built stuff.

I dislike my Senn HD497 because of the sound and its plasticky build. I expected (and wanted) it to die, and subjected it to pretty rough use. My, my, my, they don't make plastic like they used to: I swear these things are virtually indestructible.

The build quality of the Portapro and the Grados have been subjected to the same criticism as well: Joe Longwood's Portapro lasted him 10 years.

I dropped my HP890 twice from a height of 1.5-2 meters, accidentally ripped the cord out of its socket a zillion times, and my, my, my... you know the rest of the story. headphone.gif

Nice cans... just need a cable upgrade... argh... bmt starting soon... gonna RT all the way! all my saturdays burnt... *sobz* The cheapest I could ever get those cans was $68 or so.. hehe. but i think the philips shop that sold them at that price just closed.... sadly.. heh....

68.. wow!! for that price.. it beats the koss handsdown as the best sounding can for the price.

^

What's all the squiggly diddly bits?

He said , "testing, can you all read my chinese words?"

something like that lah..

must encode using chinese simplified.

OK just checking, just incase it's something bad! huh.gif

A moderator has to got do what a mod's gotta do. wink.gif

Welcome lz720! party.gif

I'm raking up the past but for those who owns this pair of cans, remove the pads, flip them over and cut the flapping cloth along the seams. Result? This cloth simply veils the music and does much injustice to how the cans should sound.