Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

Arranging for a Cayin HA-1A Power BUY

I'll be interesting to know the no. of sgheadphoners who are interested in getting the Cayin HA-1A.

I will like to arrange for a power buy for the Cayin.

Quote from PRC agent is S$565 for minimum of 10 pieces ex shipping.

Shipping should be no more than S$100.

I'll need minimum of 10 and so far I have got the following showing interest:

Confirmed

1. N@z x 2 ;color - 1wht + 1blk

2. iksey x 1 ;color - 1blk

3. Tzeminn x 1 :color - 1blk

biggrin.gif

Please Note: DEAL CLOSING 6pm 9 Oct 2003

Thanks

tongue.gif

Edited by headphonecrazy

hi headphonecrazy,

I'm interested - this will save my sis the trouble of lugging it back from PRC/Hongkong.

Count me in.

Thanks.

Edited by lksey

Tempting!!! Might be, depending on how GOOD the price is.

Tempting!!! Might be, depending on how GOOD the price is.

you'll buy anything if the price is good enough wouldn't you biggrin.gif

Price per unit could be as low as S$500 ex shipping cost if I can get the minimum order.

Shipping options will include in descending order of cost:

EMS post

Air Freight

Sea

We are talking bout 8Kg for the Cayin and I will post the shipping as soon as I get a reply from the shipping agent.

Superb price! Even those who already own head amps should consider the Cayin for the unlimited choice of sound via tube roll and the versatility of serving as integrated amp and pre-amp in speakers setup. Being manufactured by the Spark Company also adds to its credibility which also produces AudioSpace and other reputable tube gears.

Meanwhile, I shall check with my friends if they are keen.

ARGH! this is really tempting ... panic.gif

now why did i go pick up those x-cans ...

headphonecrazy, please let me know the final details later ... maybe I'll just succumb to the temptation w00t.gif

Bummer do not dispair if your X-cans + PSU combo is already tube rolled. The stock Cayin may surpass certain areas of your combo but not overall superior. Hence the need for tube rolls and this adds up to higher cost.

you'll buy anything if the price is good enough wouldn't you biggrin.gif

I can't help it!

But it's a good excuse to get one headphone amp that can handle a range of headphone impedances! wink.gif Plus the tubes are interchangeable with my MG Head! Cheaper than getting an RKV, ZOTL or EMP! Count me in Sam.

Bummer do not dispair if your X-cans + PSU combo is already tube rolled. The stock Cayin may surpass certain areas of your combo but not overall superior. Hence the need for tube rolls and this adds up to higher cost.

Haahaa ... thanks Mackie, I was feeling a bout of "upgradititis" - just pure greed! laugh.gif

I have tried the Cyber 20. It has switch for both high and low impedance phones. WIth stock tubes, it is very close to the ASL MG Head. Not surprising since it uses same EL84 power tubes. Signal tube is almost same 12AU7 vs 12AX7. But it does not have OTL. So, I did not buy since it is not as verstaile as MG Head. When tube rolled with good NOS tubes, sound is quite good but again not better than ASL MG Head with same tube set.

I have not tried Cayin HA-1

There is a new Tube Headamp from Opera called CHAZZ ! Just released. Much better since it is tube rectified power supply and uses 6550/KT88 driver tubes. Check this out:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/DIYHiFi/...sages/1806.html

There is a new Tube Headamp from Opera called CHAZZ ! Just released. Much better since it is tube rectified power supply and uses 6550/KT88 driver tubes.

Wow! Look very interesting plus phono & balance plugs too! From the description looks like available only as a kit but KT88/6550 - that is power for the AKG K1000 cans. Looking forward to putting my hands on it.

wink.gif