Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

PPA builders' thread

jt, tried the 637s yet? I find the 8610s to have a lil more "air" but the 637s to have a lil more "weight" .. hmm..sounds like Rameish's RS-1s vs HP-1s review blush.gif

Yes, I've tried the 637 and 627 for gnd last nite. The 8610 as expected sounded more aggressive, bright for some. 637 tame it a little. But the difference between the 8610 and 637 on the PPA is not that great as compare with meta42 on 8620 and 637.

I didn't do any critical listening as I'm not a audiophile, and didn't have the time as I'm now trying to tame the bass boost so it'll work well with the DT880. Headache on this, if the bass boost is good on the DT880, it'll be bad on the eggo and Grado125.. Especially when I'm beginning to like the the GradoSR125 with the PPA.

wow...long time never comes here already...blaez...where's your pic?i'm not yet got the chance to see it yet leh rolleyes.gif

Morsel has mentioned that using the AD-8610 in ground and OPA627 or 637 for right and left channel may result in a blend of the two sounds.

So it good just be the ticket if the PPA takes on the best of both chips. They of course could take on the bad as well LOL.

Have fun. Why do you want need bass boost? Are you building it with crossfeed or do you just prefer more bass in general. The OPA 627 has more and better bass BTW so you might not want to have it.

I'm gonna settle on the AD8610s for mine. its not overt, but I get this feeling I'm missing out on the sparkling details that the 8610s have with the OPA637s.

mychew: you're not a newbie, must I teach you to use the "search" button too rolleyes.gif (in FACT, what the hell, the thread's still on the first page of the forum!)

Have fun. Why do you want need bass boost? Are you building it with crossfeed or do you just prefer more bass in general. The OPA 627 has more and better bass BTW so you might not want to have it.

Bass boost is for the shiok factor on some of my music, especially the head banging type party.gif .. With a switch, it can be turned off easily.

jtfoo,

Will u be implementing crossfeed? Arethose muse caps (the metalic green ones).

I've already have an external cross feed base on cmoy's Linkwitz crossfeed. So I won't be adding a crossfeed. Anyway crossfeed isn't my cup of tea either..

Yes the green ones are the Nichicon Muse.. Got them from Koba..