Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

PPA builders' thread

btw, how do I test buffers, to see if they're working?

I checked all voltages on the buffer that I accidentally shorted just now, and they all still look fine.

That would be difficult without you installing the dil socket. Just leave one buffer installed in any of the socket and test for sound.

hmm..seems to be related to the input jacks.

when I disconnect the source, still got hum. but when I desolder the rca jack wires out of IR,IL,IG (on the board) the hum disappears..

argh. bluff me, I called and they said actually they don't carry stock dry.gif

updated pic with "fancy" braiding blush.gif

post-2-1063171809.jpg

Ablaze: Get used to it (RS). From my previous encounters, I would say that they (RS) sucks big time. Wrong billing, late deliveries, F.U. attitude. Not only personal orders, corporate accounts as well.

tell me about it. I called earlier in the morning about the hammond case, they said they got some in stock. called a few hours later, nobody knew what I was talking about, say will call me back within the hours. another few hours later, called again, said they'll call me back asap too. in the end, I ordered from farnell rolleyes.gif

Good choice! Anyway, since both companies now impose delivery charges unless minimum order value exceeded, there's not much difference.

I got a silly question.

I was trying to use tissue paper + alcohol to clean the underside of the board, now I got lil bits of tissue fibres stuck on the underside. tried vacuuming, didn't work, what to do ah? blush.gif

alrite then try using either a damp cloth or if u used pin sockets take out ur ICs then dust it.

edit: ah i just saw u didnt put pin sockets wacko.gif thats kinda troublesome...

Edited by grados