Sign in to follow this  
bulkie

Should I trust this guy from head-fi?

This fellow "bought" my ipod and his money is suppose to reach me by thursday latest, according to the 1st piece of information he PM me regarding payment. Then subsequently he said it might be friday, and in another PM he said it might be monday latest. I'm perfectly fine with recieving the money abit later, but he wants me to send out the Ipod to him 1st. I'm not really too sure on what to do coz this guy dosent seem to be reliable to me.

1st PM :

garetz

Re: Ipod

That information looks more correct,

although the account name wont fit due to length

anyway, you should get the money by wed or thursday, If possible i would like it sent on thursday morning, so its recieved either on friday or the next monday.

So someone is home to see it.

Thanks

John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd PM :

garetz

Just a reminder to send the ipod,

you will be recieving the money tommorrow, if not friday.

thanks

John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd PM :

garetz

You did say you will send it thursday morning,

i am not sure if you will recieve the money thursday morning or friday, or even next monday would be the latest, i have had a problem of packages being stolen from my door, so if you cant send it thursday morning, so someone can be home to actually recieve the package.

I would rather not take the risk.

thanks

John

There's always more than one Friday/Monday for him to be at home to receive the goods, so that excuse is plain lame.

Normally it is best to wait for payment prior to shipping but on some instances where the member is more 'well known' or has been dealing in the forum for a long time with alot of good buyer/seller feedback. I've had the pleasure of dealing with a couple of trusting people who insisted that I receive the items frst prior to paying.

I tried searching for this member on that forum & didn't get anything so it will be a big risk if you ship it prior to receiving the payment. That's why I advice SGH members here to post buyer/seller feedback on head-fi. It builds a sense of trust when dealing with overseas transactions.