Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

The XIN Super Micro is out

If Absolute0 isn't coming/bringing it along, I will. Assuming my trip is on... looking bleak for me as I can't take leave till Feb 2004 due to work place reshuffle (again! rolleyes.gif ) beginning Jan. Hopefully I can still go during the weekend.

I doubt I will be going, and anyway I am intending to sell my Supermicro to finance other purchases. It's just incredible how great it sounds for its size, but I don't fancy bringing along a S$300 amp along wherever I go... rolleyes.gif

Woo so XxX but does the sound out from the amp worth that much ? kicking.gifkicking.gif

Factor in the shipping Q00. I'll let you guys know how it sounds when I get to compare mine with my META amp.

Hmm...didnt expect quite a huge jump just for shipping because its such a small thing so it should be light right?

Anyway, are the same chips used in both your supermicro Absolute0 and N@Z? Would be quite a treat to about this amp's exploits.

Absolute0 uses the more agressive sounding AD832 whereas mine is the more forgiving & warmer sounding AD8620. I'm not sure about Abs0's but my SuperMini v3 last time cost US$30 in shipping alone via EMS. However this time it's coming via Airmail Parcel only since it's a freebie.

Hi N@z, could you comment on how much the Supermicro improves on the Supermini v3 and the Porta Corda II? I have a Supermini v3 and am curious about what other ultra portable upgrade options are available.

Scriberex, as soon as I get the amp, I'll post some initial impressions followed by after 48hrs burning-in & maybe after 100 hrs too. I might be able to do an A/B with the SuperMini v3 if I can borrow it from the person I sold it too. The PCII maybe if it hasn't left my ownership by then. I'll make the comparison using my PCDP & etys only as that will be it's main function, unless someone specifically wants me to use my other equipment.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you meant by your last sentence.

H N@z, sorry. I meant, if I decide to get a better portable amp than the Supermini v3 I have now. tongue.gif

But pl. don't bother if it is too troublesome. Don't want to put you out of your way. tongue.gif

Edited by Scriberex