ablaze

it's here!

come ablaze.. join us.. hehehehe party.gif

hm... quite risky..

no more warranty...

if he sells for like 100 plus I might take it lah.. coz it is quite ok.. as long as the equipment is not too old(4-5 years).

Earmax (green led) has two ECC86 as the output tube, one ECC81 as input.

Earmax Pro (blue) has two ECC88 as output, same input.

The EMP version has a slightly higher output power (1w), and is designed for higher impedance headphones, which is handy with some Grados, I believe.

Sound of both is fabulously smooth and refined with the Senn HD600, as is the industrial design; the regular version being slightly better looking, with an electroplate body. But it is so lightweight that it is all too easy to yank it off the table!

A great source is hi-fi belzer in Germany. EUR 310 for the Earmax regular, delivered by air to Singapore. You'll have to wire funds though, and use an online translator such as babelfish to place the online order. I'll dig up an email address if you want to contact the guy who runs the store...

Oh yeah,

he is Mr. Markus Belzer

hifi.sls@t-online.de

Very helpful gentleman.

Just chipping in guys. If U chappies have narrowed down to buying an NAD or Marantz, I would recommend the latter. Reliability of NAD's transports are rather suspicious. If U are into modding the 6000 series, lots of materials are available on the internet to guide U through to make them feasible in achieving sonic improvement.

Edited by Mackie

thx for the suggestion mackie

I am thinking abt marantz 6000OSE , what abt you northern