ablaze

it's here!

look what joined my X-cans on my table today happy.gif

I was a lil hesitant to talk about it at first, cos its a couple of years old, and a lot of things can go wrong. not to mention its a 120V version (running off a 240-->120 voltage converter i got) .. well a whole lot of things could've gone wrong, so I was keeping mum. but now its here, and its great! no hiss, no hum, nothing! laugh.gif the brass bits look a bit tarnished (should i try brasso..hmm) and its not the pretty ocean-blue one..but alas, its whats inside that counts right? wink.gif

oh, best part's the price. its about US$699 in the US..a bit cheaper US$530 or so from the UK..

I got my EMP at about half that price blush.gif (if I wasn't offered that price, I would've stayed with the X-cans honestly)

post-2-1049119689.jpg

Ablaze,

Congrats. How do you tell an EM from an EMP? Also you might want to consider buying/making a 230 volt AC to DC transformer. Don't use brasso please. Use a soft erasure - remove the tubes first and make sure the bits of erasure don't fall into the 9-pin tube holders. A piece of tape does a fine job.

aha!

suspected it...

half the price.. that means abt 300 us dollar?

man!! that is one damn good deal to speak of..

now you are making me v envious...

alot ppl say the beyer dt770pro goes well with emp... huh.gif

anyway, hope that it lives up to ur exp. Have fun! headphone.gif

Rameish, thanks. FINALLY, I get my EMP after lusting from the beginning. yes.gif I might be swapping power supplies with joelongwood. cos he's got a Australian version, I've got a US version, so it'd be mutually beneficial smile.gif thanks for the tips!

EMP's got a power supply with a blue LED, whereas the EM has a green LED (I think the connector's different for the power supply too edit: its called a Lemo receptacle, with 3 pins) and well, mine's got a sticker at the bottom that says "earmax pro" with a serial no, with an invoice to boot! happy.gif (strangely it just says Earmax without the "pro" on the top though..)

guyferd: yeah its a steal of a price. thats why I couldn't say no blush.gif

ablaze: since the amp is already here.. care to tell us where you got the deal from?

laugh.gif

good things are meant to be shared tongue.gif

Guy, congrats on your 100th post, and welcome to the exclusive "custom title club" wink.gif its from one of the headwizers ,but there's no sharing cos there was only one for sale. tongue.gif

Oak, thanks. can't wait to do some tuberolling laugh.gif

The CD3000 is known to be a perfect partner with the EMP, so I believe there should be significant differences in sonic performance.

hehehe. thanks ablaze..now let's party holiday.gif

have you done your testing with the emp?

any initial impression?

wah. thanks thanks thanks thanks and thanks laugh.gif hehe

not going to do a detailed comparison, not good at that tongue.gif

I'll just say that there's increased air around instruments, on certain tracks..its very "electric" for lack of a better word (told you I can't do reviews blush.gif) and of course, more of that bass SLAM that we all love wub.gif let me warm it up for a few more days and see how it sounds happy.gif

wow.. sounds exciting.

try your best to do a review

we would all be glad to read it laugh.gif