Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

DT431

depends. These were a downloaded lot. Were yours ripped? Because, if you rip, you usually use better encoders (especially the best, LAME). But downloaded ones are always encoded using a good encoder. So the sound quality is poor.

hehe...looks like lek is quite happy with his DT431... that's good yes.gif

i'm currently not able to try out any new thing as my time slots are all fully occupied. i'm busy like h*ll until my only leisure also need to give way to my main business - studies, exams, projects.

i duno whether i had listened to DT431 before, i would like to listen to ur DT431 if u r going to bring it for the coming SGH meet.

hey, lek...at least ur cans is of higer-end than mine wink.gif

i'm using Senn HD 202 man...but my setup is quite ok now..at least i can survive with it for another few months or 1 year, perhaps.

looking for cdp and cans upgrade, but not going to get them now. i have the plan in mind, should carry it out step by step.

I'm now wondering, should I stock up a pair of pads before they run out of stock since these cans are no more in production. Or are the pads no more selling? wacko.gif

Anyway, there seems to have little or no improvement with the cans since the last update. Seems like these cans take a shorter time to burn in.

And I told my mother already, she didn't scold me. Some more say I really know how to enjoy, the pads so comfortable. LOL! And I only told her $70, not the other half about meeting mackie, she doesn't like the idea. no.gifbiggrin.gif

Hm I'll definitely bring these during the meet. Hoping to test out with some tubes to see if I like the improvement with a warmer sound, because I read on head-fi one guy suggesting it sounds much better with tubes, due to DT431's lack in mids. We'll see.

Edited by lekguan

hehe..lek is mummy boy tongue.gif

About the pads... it will take quite a longtime before it disintegrates. My 1 year old dt770's pad(I assume it's the same material as dt431, no?) is still in ok condition. I think with beyer's agent peak fusion here, you don't have to worry about running out of stock. wink.gif

hehe..lek is mummy boy tongue.gif

You & lek are like 2 peas in a pod then!

If you're using a tube amp with a typically warm character it will definitely bring out the mids. I didn't like the DT880 previously but once I heard it on my MG Head I'm beginning to 'warm' ( rolleyes.gif groan) up to them.

warm up to them lol.giflol.giflol.gif ..

'peas in a pod' ? huh.gif

Guy box.gif N@z

definitely not moir tongue.gif

Hey, I actually find that these cans make me listen at lower volume. Wonder what is the reason, is it the laidback sound, details or what?

Also, I actually like the amount of bass it provides, though I used to like more. Perhaps its because of its laidback nature, or the fact that the bass is tighter, giving more punch which what I've listened to so far (I'm referring to equipment), though having more bass, couldn't deliever the same amount of punch.

Uh, guyferd/cookie/blues/zerodivine/mamma boy wink.gif , I think its not the same material.

Edited by lekguan

I am beginning to love a little louder than normal on my sony cd3000

the dynamics.. is something to die for !!! biggrin.gif

and they get even better with higher volume

wooottt kicking.gif

oh yea looking back at the picture, Ithink it's not of the same material.

As I've said, don't worry because replacement part is available from peakfusion wink.gif

Are you sure it will continue even though the cans are no more im production? Hm...

I used to listen quite loud. But when I put on the DT431, I usually will just turn the volume down. Not for Meteora though, I turn it on a little loud. Moderate volume for pop. But vocals like Dido & Best Audiohpile Voices II and classical, I automatically turn it down. Hm. Even with pop, its just moderate while it used to be moderate high last time. I just don't know why. Awkward reflex.

hm good for u.

I used to listen a bit lower than normal with my880 too last time, but with the cd3000 I am always very tempted to turn it up. Not that the detail is missing, infact it's all there even at low volume. But the dynamics..

yeah.. very nice wink.gif

and no I am not afraid of deafening process because I listen to 1-2 songs then go back to do other things. Then another 1 hr, listen to 1-2 song again muahahahha haha.gif

they should still stock the pads. Or can you confirm if it uses the same material as the brother dt531? if they do, then u don't have to worry.

Parts avail should not be a problem. I believe the pads are the same as the DT-331 or DT-531. Send Beyerdynamic an email to confirm this ya?