Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

DT431

Actually lekguan, Lengcm's post was me. He was using my computer and forgot to log out. I then jsut carried on thinking nothing of it and then went huh. LOL

OMG. Rameish, next time come to my house and FORGET to log out ok? LOL

HAHA, I can imagine, you must be in a total blur when u saw yourself become lengcm!

Exactly! I didn't think anything of it and thought hmm lengcm got home quick LOL. Until I read the post! Dang should have taken the opportunity to sell off his stuff at bargain prices LOL. I can imagine the PMs he would have recieved. The the other mods would have kicked me out as well.

sorry this is OT, but there is a problem with the server SMTP, and no PMs/emails can be sent. And I can't tell you by PM, Rameish, that I received 3 of the PMs you just sent, all same ones, and I believe all by mistake. They should not be for me right?

There seems to be a slight recurring problem yesterday where PMs seemed not to get sent but were actually sent. We had this intermittent problem also previously, that's the reason for the duplicative PMs.

lekguan,

No worries on the pads as they are the same as 531s. As for the bit of your tendency to reduce the volume when listening to 431, I believe a look at Rameish's signature will provide the answer - resolution.

Lekguan,

The reduction of volume level is a good thing - it says "hey I don't have to increase the volume to hear details". Now what does that tell you?

I suspect these are voiced the same way as the DT-931 (althought they are 40 ohm drivers right?). So, this is usually how manufacturers do things. It's probably the same drivers as the 331 but better matched (speculation on my part). Enclosure could have more damping materials for resonance control (again speculation on my part).

Don't worry about the pads - first bec. Beyer does keep stock of parts for at least a few years and 2nd bec the pads look identical to other current models. 3rd LOL, you'll probably upgrade before it wears out - just don't go jogging with it.

Happy Listening

Ah Rameish, I will NEVER go joggin with this. Though comfortable, and open back design (so open you can shine a torch through), it is actually so hot (or is it because I sweat too easily). Whatever it is, if I get out of an aircon room, and use them, when i take them off, there is no chance that the pad is not even moist at all. Or possibly the cooler temperature causes less humidity. wacko.gif

Thanks for all the answers about the pads.

Today I decided to go back to have a listen to my old Altec Lansing 621. I almost died. I spent $199 on these babies and now they sound like S*** to me.

Reason why i wanted to have a listen again? Yes maybe for a look back at my old setup to see if i really do love my new cans. But the real reason for my going back is because I feel it is a little bit of a hassale to have to put on these phones everytime I want to listen to my music. And I was missing some bass.

I went back. I played a song. At first it sounded good, because its no more head-stage only, but more of soundstage. That was the introduction. Then bass came in, voice came in, a few other instrument as well and some digital effects. Immediately I noticed the lack of seperation. Or has it already reached saturation? ohmy.gif Stuff sounded less clear, and very dark to me. The highs were lacking. What I was most stunned at was the bass. Yes, plentiful, but it didn't satisfy me at all. The drivers are indeed of low quality, but the loose and unpunchy bass was much worse than I had ever remebered it to be. In fact, though plentiful, the bass gave less kick then the DT431. The bass I was hoping to find by coming back to this setup cannot be found! In fact, now I find it is somewhat overwhelming. Together with the extra midbass, it just sounds bad. The track just sounded so muddy, and I felt like I was waddling through mud. I could not move fast at all! The clarity just was not there. The only thing I liked a little is the more amount of mids I heard.

Enuff said, back to my DT431. no more turning back. However, i do find, after swicthing back, again, that it is a little too bright for my taste. Still, I'm not going back to those babies. Sell'em? No, maybe they will be needed when friends come to my house. To impress them with the sheer volume and bass it can produce. Yep, they'd prefer that to a better setup with less bass. At least, its what I call a decent PC speaker. And not to forget, we need volume and bass to party all night long eh? lol.giflol.gif

OMG, the paint on the right grille a little, very small bit, coming off already. Therefore I think it won't take long for the rest to. Wonder if it is possible to do a paint job. Anyone?

lek, best advice u can get from noone else:

sell the beyer, aim for the better(higher end) phone.. much better paint job definitely lol.giflol.gif

and there's no more turning back for u tongue.gif

welcome to the dark side crazylaugh.gif

He just bought the headphones Blues!!! Let lek at least savour his new found enthusiasm for headphone sound a little while longer.

If you ask me lek, leave it as it is. It won't interfere with the sound. You'll probably upgrade before it even has any chance to become worse.