Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

pardon me... what are jumper wires?

i saw them in Tangent's site regarding the Cmoy amp and i think they are not connected to anything right?

correct me if i'm wrong wink.gif

i already hav 5 cmoy sitting on my desk liao biggrin.gif not counting the proto-board one

the first one was a failure that kill the first op-amp, i keep it to remind me what i did wrong, the rest hav slightly different components, but the final one i'm using daily will be the one i'll follow for other "improvements" smile.gif

i hav put in a rail-spilter (TLE2436) & use AD823 op-amp for my final layout, can't really tell the difference between this and the first sucessful cmoy yes.gif

toady i got to try the micro cmoy one a HD580 in SLS, it has no problem driving the 300ohm cans smoke.gif the guy in the shop was impressed tongue.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

The cmoy with the OPA2132 or 2134 should have no problem with high impedance headphone like the HD580 of 300ohms. It's the low impedance headphone like the grados, 32 ohm, that might poses some problem as the OPA cannot supply high current.

Buffered lol, maybe in the later stage.... happy.gif

Yup, so the Apheared47 or CHA47 should be the next logical project for Tropicalrips.

Buffered lol, maybe in the later stage....  happy.gif

Yup, so the Apheared47 or CHA47 should be the next logical project for Tropicalrips.

how much different is the Apheared47/CHA47 from the Cmoy? unsure.gif

i hav completed the micro Cmoy with case, can't find a nice case for it so decided to put it in the smallest one and run external power biggrin.gif

post-2-1069258160.jpg

should still hav space for the led & volume pot, maybe add them later. this one sounds louder, is it due to the volume pot? unsure.gif

Kenshinz its more fun to build your own la biggrin.gif, i saw your almost finish cmoy before, it should be ok rite? just need to get those resistor values to match your headphone then no more hissing, should also get 1 or 2 more op-amp to test, i do it on one of those solderless proto-boards to test the values

post-2-1069258421.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

how much different is the Apheared47/CHA47 from the Cmoy? unsure.gif

A47 can be easily expanded from the cmoy, Just using two opamps where one of them acts as a buffer for the current boost for low impedance headphone.

http://headwize2.powerpill.org/projects/sh...pheared_prj.htm

i hav completed the micro Cmoy with case, can't find a nice case for it so decided to put it in the smallest one and run external power biggrin.gif

Why not put the micro cmoy in a mint box. I'm sure you can squeeze in the 9V battery with it.

i went to look for those mint tins, but nowadays the mints all come in recycled cardboard boxes sad2.gif

maybe i can build it into a cigarette box biggrin.gif "lucky Strikes Cmoy" or "Malboro cmoy" w00t.gif

Edited by tropicalrips