Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

found the case for the micro Cmoy smile.gif

looks cute rite? biggrin.gif

Jtfoo, i don't hav Grados to test it on, but i did try the hd570 on the cmoy with lower gain and it got very distorted, guess thats what u ment?

Sipher, sorry i couldn't take pic of the back of my cha47, forgot that i already hot-glued it to the case smile.gif

i got most of the components from

Silicon #03-02 SLT,

the op-amps & rail-spilter from Federal #02-06 SLT,

the new gold caps i'm using is from Bytetron #04-04 SLS

still don't know how long the batt last, hav been running it for about 2-3hrs now

one more thing guys, which one of the op-amp is acting as the buffer? the one further from the power caps? i hav 2 different op-amps, OPA2132pa & AD823 (2 of each) what will be a better combination, which one to use as buffer? now i'm using both AD823 in the cha47 yes.gif

post-2-1069516562.jpg

micro cmoy with cha47 party.gif

post-2-1069517168.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

biggrin.gif i still hav the Hudson's candy in my fridge lol.gif

i think i'll call it Herbal Micro Cmoy tongue.gif

HMC16 rolleyes.gif (16v caps)

i got most of the components from

Silicon #03-02 SLT,

the op-amps & rail-spilter from Federal #02-06 SLT,

the new gold caps i'm using is from Bytetron #04-04 SLS

Just a note, I find Silicon quite expansive, for example they were selling the 3.5mm stereo jack at $0.90 each when other shops were selling at $0.50.

I ususally go to this other shop call Sunlight, its one of the 1st few shop u'll see to the left upon coming up from the escalator. There's another shop around 3 shops from the left of Sunlight where you can get all the parts from too. Can remember the name, (could be Bell ??).

yes kenshinz, but now i only buy resistors and caps from them smile.gif & the 9v batt clip

the other shops hav a different type of batt clip that breaks easily. the stereo jacks that i'm using now cost $1 each, they are not the PCB mounted type, its a slighty better one i got from SLS

i go to silicon cause they hav full range of 1% resistors smile.gif and the shop is easier to move around biggrin.gif

don't go to the shop on the basement, they try to sell me the same 25v 470uF caps for $1.20, i got them on the 3th floor for $0.40 (a few shops from silicon)

now i'm trying some "kiau su" caps biggrin.gif 25v 470uF +105c it has a gold color band on the side, the lady said she brought in these for the amp builders, they call them gold caps. at least thay look different from the others smile.gif but $2 each dry.gif

anyone knows if using 1/2 watt resistors will improve the sound? now all my amp are build with 1/4 watt resistors

Edited by tropicalrips

is it possible to use a buffer chip in the cha47?

like the BUF634P or BUF634U

will the circuit still be the same?

is it possible to use a buffer chip in the cha47?

like the BUF634P or BUF634U

will the circuit still be the same?

Can, but BUF634 not cheap..

If gonna use higher price buffer, I'll rather for the meta..

noted jtfoo, but will the sound be better or still the same with the buffer? unsure.gif

the specs sheet for the BB OPA134 family has a OPA4134, its a 4 channel op-amp 14-pin dip, should be able to use this for the cha47 design rite?

this will make the wiring neater cause no need to jumper the power for second op-amp hammer.gif

if i do go the buffer path, i will need 2 buffer chips for stereo rite unsure.gif

i'm thinking of trying the opa2134pa (abt $5 /pc) which is cheaper then the 2132pa tangent says this chip sounds the same as the 2132s only not as stable.

so if the buffers can giv better sound, then all i need to do is get it to work with the opa2134pa and the cost will still be about the same as using 2 opa2132pa sleep.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

any1 going to SLT lately?

can i tag along to get stuff?

went down today...

like ghost town...

need ppl to orientate me round the place.

i think i screw up my 1st CMoy. no.gif

mayb i need to see a done up one. sleep.gif

any1 going to SLT lately?

can i tag along to get stuff?

went down today...

like ghost town...

need ppl to orientate me round the place.

i think i screw up my 1st CMoy. no.gif

mayb i need to see a done up one. sleep.gif

u can look at my smile.gif i'm still testing the cha47 which is very similar to the cmoy.

i took a better pic of my second cmoy wink.gif

hope it will help u

post-2-1069609526.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

think i screwed up the jumper.

followed tangent's...

hmmm....

guess i do need to read thru stuff.

i practically just look and solder w/o thinking.

connect power source heard a pop sound from the board...nut no smoke....haiz