Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

Nice. Would it be neater too if the headphone out socket is built onto the enclosure. Or is there not enough room for that?

I'm beginning to like the Portapros looking at yours in the photo!

yep, there not enough room for the jacks on the case, i use the smallest case i can find that will fit a 9v batt and the board together.

the portas sound more controlled with the amp, slightly reduced bass & more bright.

the volume knot is the smallest i can find in SLT no.gif , i think the shaft can be cut to reduce the lenght

Well done tropicalrips !! I've more or less stop work up on my cmoy for the time being no.gif can't fix the hissing sound problem... hehe if you're gonna do a new board mind helping me to do one too ?? biggrin.gif

kenshinz, i think u hav the same problem as me, wrong resistor values tongue.gif

i only hav 2 different values on my board, 4.7k and 10k, the 10k is the R4 and the rest are all using 4.7K.

i think the gain is too much with these values, but its sounds ok with my MP3 player, but its too lough when using line out on my discman w00t.gif

i'll be the next to embark on this project...

maybe should shift this as sticky?

just got the altoids casing today...

do i need to insulate the whole casing?

semester break man.

take it as past time other than bumming around..

hey this entire thread will provide all the local places i can get the stuff right?

do i really need a multimeter?

Yes i think its essential, really useful for testing connections after soldering, and checking resistor values to get the best match, plus other uses biggrin.gif

U going down SLT anytime soon? I might be going down to get some parts, maybe we can meet and I can help you find the parts required

great inform u soon.

when u going?

i taking a short break first coz exams just over... laugh.gif

i'll be the next to embark on this project...

maybe should shift this as sticky?

just got the altoids casing today...

do i need to insulate the whole casing?

If we did make it into a sticky the thread has to be specifically detailing out the work & no other non related discussions.

Concerning insulation using the Mint tin. I believe only the base where the board is placed is required to be insulated. On JMT's (Altoids) amp he insulated the whole of the tin's base with black tape. On Tangent's MINT he didn't insulate it at all since the board was on it's side.

made some improvements to the project, changed all the resistors to 1% type, also change the the input plug to a right-angle type. yes.gif

anyone knows where to find switchcraft 1/8 stereo right-angle plug locally?

post-2-1068652538.jpg

used valco to hold the MP3 player and the Cmoy together, now they are like one single unit smile.gif

post-2-1068652694.jpg