Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

"chao ta" op-amp wacko.gif

from my pic, the (+) is on the left (-) on the right

the power goes to pin 4 (-) & pin 8 (+) on the op-amp

tropicalrips,

is it possible to have pic of the underside of the cmoy u showed me?

thanks

thanks.

will get my parts tmr.

if i need help will drop msg here.

thanks again yes.gif

sorry, possible to show the pic with the components mpunted from the other side?

i'm totally lost as to how the jumpers/wiring goes.

thanks

Tropicalrips, what are those pointy little things by the side and bottom of your cmoy ? For connection to the 3.5mm jacks ? Where did you get them from ?

Tropicalrips, what are those pointy little things by the side and bottom of your cmoy ? For connection to the 3.5mm jacks ? Where did you get them from ?

laugh.gif they are there to improve the sound mar lol.gif

isolators tongue.gif made with hot glue-gun wink.gif

the ones on top are pins used on PC, u can connect them to IDE cable, they can also be cut to different length, can get them in SLS or SLT

its a re-worked board, i hav changed the resistors on this board about 3 times, so the solder looks funny

firefox, i'm using a weller 921ZX up to 450 degrees, don't think its not hot enough mellow.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

Sounds like too hot. wink.gif

i normally use at 300-350 degrees smile.gif

orderd OPA2134pa & LM6172in today to try out

any comments?

the LM6172 is suppose to be a high speed op-amp, but not as stable, so can use it to test how good the board is rite?

can the cmoy work with 3 AA batts? found a new case that will fit the micro cmoy & hold 3 AA batts

Sounds like too hot. wink.gif

the LM6172 is suppose to be a high speed op-amp, but not as stable, so can use it to test how good the board is rite?

Read up Tangent's article on dealing with cranky opamps. I've swapped my CD player opamp to the LM6172 and I used 0.1uf polypropylene caps to bypass the power to the opamps. Very stable. YMMV.

I've swapped my CD player opamp to the LM6172 and I used 0.1uf polypropylene caps to bypass the power to the opamps. Very stable. YMMV.

the 0.1uf polypropylene caps will replace the rail-spilter? or the power caps (i'm using 25v 470uf) or its added on to these 2 components? unsure.gif

on tangents site this cap is optional & the C3 2.2uF cap as well, only when "all else fails"

in his "notes on OP Amps page" his test amp for this op-amp only the R3 & R4 was change (R3=120k , R4=470k) the rest of the amp is the same as the original Cmoy

should i try this test amp layout first or go for the design below?

post-2-1069687096.ibf

Hey hey. You're are upgrading you amp every now and then. Going at this rate, you will be bringing another PPA to the January meet. tongue.gif

The 0.1uF is actually C2+ and C2- on your attached picture from Tangent's site. It will NOT replace the power supply cap. This 0.1uF should be placed as close as possible to the opamps, if you read Tangent's article properly. In fact best is directly solder on the leg of the opamps.

Here's a pic of on the underneath of my CDplayer with the bypass caps. Right under the legs of the opamps.

post-2-1069688291.jpg

Hey hey. You're are upgrading you amp every now and then. Going at this rate, you will be bringing another PPA to the January meet. tongue.gif

i'm still trying to build my super-charged Cmoy smile.gif

for me the PPA is too big as a portable amp, i want somthing thats the same size or smaller then my mp3 player.

maybe pimeta in the near future cool.gif

one more thing guys, the AD823 is "rail-to-rail" what does that mean? it will work without the rail-spilter?

i'm looking at the super-mini now since i hav the AD823 op-amp hammer.gif

user posted image