Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

Nope... happy.gif

You need a dual power supply to use it, or the rail splitter install.

It is a super ex regulated power supply (for DIY tongue.gif ).

ppth.gif

i want a Super-Charge CMoy hammer.gif

with regulated power supply, bass enhanced, runs on only 1 AAA and smaller then my Mpio... lol.gif

1 AAA maybe possible but the sound quality may suck big time....

If you want smaller, you can try those watch battery.... rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif i remember u ask for lastest news regarding availability of OP-amp in SLT ?

the one i ordered from Ferderal is OPA-2132PA, had to giv them the RS part number for them to find it

price $10.50 before gst

they also OPA-637 & OPA627

priced $40 ++

i went with the 2132 yes.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

tongue.gif nope , i tried even those that hav components shelfs up to the roof no.gif

no OP-AMP, "we don't carry this" was all i got from them, even at Federal, i gave them "opa2132pa" the lady told me no, don't hav, but they hav opa-637

only when i gave her RS part no. then she say "oh yeah, this one is opa-2132pa" mellow.gif

tongue.gif nope , i tried even those that hav components shelfs up to the roof no.gif

no OP-AMP, "we don't carry this" was all i got from them, even at Federal, i gave them "opa2132pa" the lady told me no, don't hav, but they hav opa-637

only when i gave her RS part no. then she say "oh yeah, this one is opa-2132pa" mellow.gif

One of the reasons why I don't quite like buying stuff from SLT shops. When I blew my TLE2426 railsplitter some time ago, I went around SLT asking but found no one carrying it (I didn't try Federal at that time). In the end, ordered from RS online, along with other stuff.

Regards

CK

Does Federal charge a fee for getting stuff from RS and Farnell?

I know B & Lee at 3rd storey does charge a fee for ordering from Farnell.

jt,

they all do. The prices for the 637 and 627 are for the AP (lower grade). The BP goes for S$60 a pop but since it's single channel it'll be S$120 for a pair!

think i will get 1 more for myself when i go there  hammer.gif  want to try the 1 batt layout, already bought enough parts for 2 more Cmoy  w00t.gif

Hmm...maybe can start a Cmoy amp production line ?? tongue.gif , actually I got excess parts too... most likely wil be making more than 1 biggrin.gif

Edited by kenshinz

i just found out that farnell does home deliveries as well... friend of mine who ordered some switches thru the online shop for me and a few friends had his delivered to him at his doorstep the same day and for free as well..

just something i thought id share.

The Farnell and RS will charge a minimal fee for delivering (for things less than $100). As for Federal, they'll charge extra GST.

RS comp charge $7 for order less than $100. But for Farnell, I think they charge some delivery for orders less than $50..

got my op-amp today rolleyes.gif

also got 1 extra for kenshinz, when i ask the lady for 1 more she said i got to pre-order again ohmy.gif thought they would hav at least keep 2 or 3 extra on hand no.gif

kenshinz, u want to collect your op-amp tomorrow? let me know if u want, i'll bring it along with me to work