Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Questions regarding building the CMoy

thanks Jtfoo, the bass enhanced version has more components, will try it when i get the them.smile.gif

i don't really understand how adding more resistors & caps will actually increase the bass...when the simple circuit above already takes out the volume & bass

can anyone explain how it actually works?

i was very intrigued at the synergy of the cha47 with my cans... tropical can pass me the link to the circuits and what i need to build em?

Im tempted to build one now...

it actually started in this tread as well on page 14, after i completed the mini Cmoy. jason & Jtfoo recomanded that i try the CHA47 next cause its a buffered amp.

here the link someone posted

CHA47

going to try the Mint Meta next biggrin.gif still looking at the drawings, looks very similar to the cha47 but it uses 2 BUF634 chips which are quite expensive

Edited by tropicalrips

thanks tropical... im gonna study the cct and probably make the purchase this weekend.

biggrin.gif PPA is over-kill for me as a portable amp, unless i can fit it in my pocket tongue.gif

i'm thinking "enhanced CHA47" using the mint-meta topology, anyone one tried that? will it work?

if build the mint-meta without the BUF634, using another op-amp instead like the cha47, keeping most of the mint-meta circuit. pushing the CHA47 closer to the meta's range, is it possible? sleep.gif

biggrin.gif PPA is over-kill for me as a portable amp, unless i can fit it in my pocket tongue.gif

i'm thinking "enhanced CHA47" using the mint-meta topology, anyone one tried that? will it work?

if build the mint-meta without the BUF634, using another op-amp instead like the cha47, keeping most of the mint-meta circuit. pushing the CHA47 closer to the meta's range, is it possible? sleep.gif

Read the datasheet. Reason why they go for buffer becoz they can push higher current than opamps.. So amps like MEta and PPA can drive almost any headphone.

mini monster Cmoy project smile.gif

using 25v 1000uF power caps w00t.gif

1 uF signal coupling caps w00t.gif

r4 has been change from 10k to 15k for a gain of 8.5

post-2-1071249260.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

moved all the resistors closer together for a more compact board, the big caps was just for fun tongue.gif

post-2-1071249612.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

Will it be taking dual 9V power?

it can take 2 x 9v batt but i hav not decided yet, cause i can't really hear any difference with 2 batts headphone.gif

Eh, how can I order the farnell catalog? It seems like they are not willing to send the catalog to a residential home.

I already got RScomp's catalog though.

i order my farnell stuff from a shop in SLS, Bytetron is the name of the shop, can also order RS stuff from there but might take longer cause they collect orders until it reaches $100 before calling RS (no delivery charge above $100 order)

Just re-did my cmoy. This is my 2nd attempt on it.

So far, everything's great, I took extra steps to make sure I solder everything properly, and double-check for any short circuits.

tropical: the new cmoy is able to produce equal sound loudness on both sides now but I'm getting some sort of distortion. Its like a continuous distortion even when I'm not inputing anything into the line-in.

is it a hissing sound like static on a radio? smile.gif

the cmoy has this problem when used with low impedance headphones.

try higher impedance headphones or reduce the gain.

change the 1k to 2k for a gain of 6 instead of 11 in the original design