Sign in to follow this  
jarthel

Are there places in Singapore where they sell....

waha a.... just for a DVD go all the way to Hk .... you guys are really rich !!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

unless there are other things to buy as well !!! naughty.gifnaughty.gif

joking .. but i think dl is better !! hammer.gifhammer.gif

If you buy a lot its actually worth it. I deducted the price difference bet. the local and hong kong prices, multiplied by the number of DVDs I bought, the total savings actually exceeded the price of the trip(plane tickets plus hotel)! w00t.gif

The trick is to go during the off-peak period, its a lot cheaper. And use cheap airlines, since its only a 3 hour flight. If you want to go during the school holiday season then not worth it already.

Besides, Hong Kong is a great place for a short holiday(good food and shopping), I originally did not intend to buy DVDs there, but couldn't resist when I saw the good selection and prices. And their seven elevens are HUGE!!! w00t.gif

Yes, there are other "goods and services" available, but make sure you're not underaged. naughty.gif

LOL! It always comes to that huh?

laugh.gif haha sure ... if you all are going there nex time .. reember to ask me if there anythings that i wanna get hee hee lol.giflol.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif but i still perfer japan anime DVD or us ... it really better !! wub.gifhappy.gif

how to bring em back in....

wont the customs make a big deal out of it?

Several questions to people who have bought anime DVDs from HK:

1. any particular place in HK where they sell the anime DVDs?

2. Also,how much are the DVDs in HK? especially for sets. In Ebay, I usually see $19 USD for a series that has 26 episodes.

3. Also in Ebay, I see alot of anime DVDs that has english audio in it. How do these compare to R1 DVDs? I assumed that these must be replicas of R1 DVDs (save money from translating the series and the english dubbing of course).

Thanks for the replies.

jayel

ps. English subtitles for series that has been translated using Chinese translators (i.e. not replicas of R1) are horrible. Grammar and spelling errors through out. If it's replicas of R1 then I wouldn't see the kinds of errors I see in HK DVDs (jap audio only, english and chinese subtitles).

ya of cos !!! those hK yucky.gif .... english sub are really yucky.gif ... horrible !! normally !! i download from fansub just to read the sub happy.giflaugh.gifwub.gif !!! theirs are free ... and more worth collecting in fact !!! but have to watch on the computor!! ppth.gif

for the hk areas .. i think most of the places !! sell !!! so dont worry .... btw mackie and they all have discuss !!!! where have sell RIGHT !? wub.gif