alfasud14

Noise Cancellation Headphones

It's much like a ear plug, sealing off the entry to your inner ear. By the way, Ety is just a shortform for Etymotics Research (but I already metioned that). Big headphones do not isolate as well as IEMs such as those by Ety. Just an observation though. Enjoy your time with headphones/earphones, but I am indeed sorry for your wallet. It is almost a natural urge to get something bigger (smaller perhaps) and better.

Of course, if you are in the mood to spend, the USD900 (excluding audiologist fees and shipping) UE10 pro from Ultimate Ears may seem a suitable choice, with custom molds for you ears... *drools all over* :P

I'm using Sony EX71SL. Normal earbuds but with good isolation with 3 differnet sizes to fit. If you're on a budget, its terrific! Mainly for the in-flight programme & usually have to remove it to talk or hear.

One additional point which I find it useful - you can turn your head & sleep on your side with earbuds :yawn: (you can't do that for headphones)!

One additional point which I find it useful - you can turn your head & sleep on your side with earbuds :yawn: (you can't do that for headphones)!

I can vouch for this. Before I got a CK7, I was thinking of buying a noise cancellation headphone. After purchasing the CK7, I found it was very effective in cutting out ambient noise and I could sleep on my side, as kuryakin said. :yes: I think the only advantage a noise cancelling headphone may have will be that you can hear others talking to you. I hate the constant chatter and also the call button chimes in the plane, so my CK7 is a better solution for me.

After tryin quite a number of noise-cancellation headphones, i find that they sound muffled, boomy bass, usually with amplified volume when it is activated. Personally, i don even like Bose QC2, even though it has got quite a number of good reviews. Their noise cancellation technology is not fantastic, simply too overpriced.

If you ask me, still prefer IEMs.

Seriously, the biggest advantage is that the IEMs are much more mobile than noise-cancellation headphones, taking up less space in your luggage. This really means a lot to people who travel light.

I'm using Sony EX71SL. Normal earbuds but with good isolation with 3 differnet sizes to fit. If you're on a budget, its terrific! Mainly for the in-flight programme & usually have to remove it to talk or hear.

This sounds good! Can't even hear people talking... But what is CK7? Which brand? DAMAGE$$?

This sounds good! Can't even hear people talking... But what is CK7? Which brand? DAMAGE$$?

Audio Technica ATH-CK7.......bout 110.......

Not really can't hear, more like muffled. There was this aunty on the train beside me talking. Could hear her despite using tri-flanges (proper seal) with the UM1.

ur listening volume is 1/25(something like tat) rite???

ps:aaron-xp,ur post number now very nice.....

Edited by dle4e_2005

As in? 369? Waiting for something like 777. :P

Haha, remembered my volume, I'm honoured...

On the other hand though, the CK7 is rather "value-for-money", given it is at UM1/e2's range, yet cheaper by a good $40+.

There can be problems with it too. Once I was waiting at a polyclinic for my number to flash on the screen, to see the doctor. The nurse came out to call my name because for some reason the doctor wanted to see me earlier. So engrossed with the music and cannot hear much of the sound around, totally missed her calling my name. You should see the reaction I got when they finally flashed my number. :lol:

But it is not correct that you totally cannot hear ambient noise, the volume is so reduced, compared to the music, you don't notice it.

Edited by heady

listening to iem in mrt is quite a pain since you wont even notice that your phone is ringing unless alot of pple is looking at you(as a signal)

"Sorry sir, my ears have problem..." :P

Seriously, though, I don't think many listen to earphones/headphones in the doctor's clinic, most are too sick to do that.

if you will wan to hear while on board, maybe noise cancellation headphones will be a better choice. Noise cancellation technologies cancel the constant low frequencies, like the air-con, engine noise etc. Thus will still enable you to hear ppl talking. For IEMs, it simply shut out everything..

listening to iem in mrt is quite a pain since you wont even notice that your phone is ringing unless alot of pple is looking at you(as a signal)

:lol::lol::lol: Yes, that has happened to me too. I thought I am the only goondu around.