Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

Chit chats - HD650, Beer, Mini Meet, etc

That's cool... the DT 150

Will be getting the HFI 650 to try it out...

Anyway busy with my current job. Will be looking for one next year when I get back from Nepal. I will be in Nepal for 3 weeks. Will be leaving on the 25th Nov and returning on the 12th Dec. Because of this trip cancelled a few planned purchases.

Edited by lengcm

Looking forward to your impressions. At least mine comes pre-burned-in. Over 200hrs c/o Mackie so I can enjoy them straight away.

Naz so what amp are you going to use the DT 150 with? My next advise to you is to get the DT931. It is my favourite can when I feel like having a little kick and more details for analysis. Will still stick to my HD600 most of the time.

Edited by lengcm

The DT-150 is nice N@Z. But so is the DT-931. Then again nothing has legato in spades like the HD-600 and maybe the HD-650 ;-) Maybe you could get one and let us know. LOL

Presently the MG Head & probably try it out with the META & PCII FOR FUN. Hopefully eventually with the Cayin & who knows, a PPA maybe in the future?

I seem to be going through a Beyer headphone phase, maybe I will look into the DT931, DT831 or DT531 next. The jury's still out on the DT880 until I get to compare it with the DT150. I was listening to the DT880 earlier this evening to familiarise myself more & it sounded great with Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live CD. The soundstage is wide, has good detail & beautifully extended low end but still had that certain something missing in the midrange. Maybe I was looking for the K501 midrange magic. All of the equipment was warmed up for a few hours prior to that.

Hmmm the HD650 really do sounds interesting.... Maybe I should get a pair eh Rameish?

Anyway sold my DT880 and my DT 931 is under servicing, there are no cans for the analysis of music and certain rock tracks... However I do agree with Rameish that the DT880 do require really long burn. Rameish's well burned in pair of DT 880 do sound pretty decent, unlike the pair I had earlier... recessed mid range...

Edited by lengcm

smoke.gif I wish I was having one right now but no smoking at home policy!

LOL! You know me, waiting till HD650 is a bargain. Here's hoping to Meier will have this as it's monthly special in the future but if that happens the HD600 will have to go sleep.gif This is the headphone that got me into headphone amps so there's a bit of sentimental attachment to it.

Hmmm if I get the HD650, my HD600 will be still there to stay. I cannot do without it every night. My sleeping pill / valium....

I'll be happy too, makes it worth the trip really. And if hoegaarden and tsing tao is served I'll be on the next plane over.

Seriously though I'm in a dilemma as to whether to get the CD3k or the HD650. And the HD650 is still a little stiff for my wallet. So is the CD3k for that matter, hmmm decisions decisions......

mat you know what you want smoke.gif

what else.. cd3k? w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

tongue.gif

My sleeping pill at the moment etys & DT250.