Sign in to follow this  
ymmit

headphones for my Mac

Yaaa.... wub.gif

I can definitely see myself getting a pair of grado cans in the much much later future...

ive always loved the styling but i will only get them after i have settled my portable player -> portableamp -> dt150's -> a proper cdp -> a proper home amp -> grados/cd3k/hd600...

whistling.gif im a big dreamer on a budget of a 12 year old... innocent.gif

They should be around $15~$20 per pair if I'm not mistaken.

ymmit, how does the post burn in of the SR80's go?

I used my SR60 on the powerbook and find them abit bloated in the low end and the mids tend to be reccessed too. The encoding proccess might be to blamed here for the Grado punch is subdued IMO.

However if I may recommend, I would strongly suggest you try the Sony MDR 7506/V6 raved about but highly underrated YMMV. I have used it with my Mac and they tame the highs very well IMO. The headphone out from the Mac (not to sure about the 12" Powerbooks) tend to be too bright for lesser cans too AFAIK

matbon0013: I'm no audiophile, so I won't know where to begin to describe what I hear smile.gif

Although, the bass is not as strong as I've heard it at Music By Design. prob cos' they played it out of an amp there, so sound stronger bass.

But everything else it definately sounds better than my Sony earphones. I'm hearing details I haven't heard before in some songs e.g. scratching of guitar strings, singer inhaling etc. heh..

1 complaint though are the insides of the headphones; rough, my right year very tender after wearing for long periods. Replacing the sponge should do the trick though.

Tell me more about how to describe the mids lows to you, with what music best to describe, and I'll do my best smile.gif

Even better. That's how much it cost me. Shipping's a killer ya? tongue.gif

Give them a call or shoot & email: http://www.sennheiserasia.com/aboutus.htm

went down to Sim Lim 3rd level Hung Bro shop today. They didn't have the 414's sponge. actually, they didn't have ANY sponge for any headphone except for one really flimsy looking S$2.50 sponge. obviously it didn't look like it'd fit my grados.

SO I guess next stop is sennheiser asia liao.. but the 414 is a really old pair of headphones (so says the Hung Bro shop guy). Donno can find a not?

Any other shops where I'd be able to find replacement headphone sponge? maybe some other model can fit also? not just the 414?

Anyone?

Others have used the sponge from the Grado SR60 which you could also mod with the hole. BTW, the Senn HD414 pads is still available eventhough that model of headphones has been discontinued for so long.