Rameish

Yo guys - Rameish becomes Grado dealer

hi Rameish,

Congrats on becoming a Grado dealer. laugh.gif

BTW, are you resuming auditions? You postponed all auditions due to SARS so I just wanna check out. Sorry for not being able to make it the first two rounds but this time round, I will be available for sure. Thanks for your patience with me. Please PM me.

Hey Rameish...congrates but just a couple of things:

1. Unless your price is better than MBD, which may not be since you are appointed by them, why should anyone be buying from you?

2. Do you own a shop or a showroom? If not, customer like myself will rather buy the cans off someone like MBD so that if anything should happen to the cans, at least I know I have a somewhere to bang on.

3. Lastly, I ot your name from the forums taht you are a Meier Audio rep here in Singapore. Jan Meier himself don't really prefer on the Grados ( correct me if I am wrong, but that's what I gather from his tone in Head-Fi forum), so would there be any conflict of interest? Maybe this is non of my business, sorry for that.

4. So is MBD still selling Grados to customer like me? Hope so cause I am budget up for the RS1.

Cheers

Oh yeah, one other thing...

Since you are now a Grado dealer, you must have owned one, if not a few grado cans yourself, would it be possible for you to write some reviews from those you own?

I mean, basically you can get tonnes of reviews from the web but for this case, this is coming from a Singaporean's point of view. I am a total idiot when it comes to high end phones. I did mentioned I am be getting a RS1 but I think I need some opinion on it and who would to be a better person than yourself...

Maybe just a brief one would do, like the one did by El Scorcho recently for the Ultrasone HFI-650 DVD.

Hope to hear from you soon...

BTW: I do own the SR60, a gift from a friend, you have any idea what's the material they use for the housing?

Blackadder,

What did I do to you? LOL. Anyway, some of your questions are valid.

1) Warrenty issues on Grado headphones are handled my Music By Design whether you buy from me or from MBD. You get a covering note from me to that effect.

2) Jan Meier does not like the Grados that he had - the SR-60 he had was faulty and the SR-125 he found too upfront. There is no conflict of interest btw. Also Grado prices in Europe and UK are a lot higher than in the US or Singapore. For eg the UK price for the SR-325 is 300 UK POUNDS!! Check www.stoneaudio.co.uk for latest price. That's close to 850 Sing $!!!. So expectations are a lot higher.

3) MBD prices their gear within or slightly lower than recommended price. Very fair price to begin with compared to other manufacturer distributors (the big S) where prices in Germany are higher than Singapore. As you know there is no heavy discounting for Grado products anywhere (esp when you take shipping into consideration).

4) People buy from me because of the friendly service, dedication to headphones, knowledge, and unbiased (as possible) views. I recently recommended to Northern Oak that he should buy the AKG-501 - we had a long phone conversation - and his preferences pointed in that direction. I could have said to him even then buy Grado and btw I can get it for you. That is not to say that in a similar converstion with say Ablaze, the recommendation would have been Grado SR-325.

5) You are more than welcome to buy from MBD. They are real nice guys as well.

However, if you are serious about the RS-1 come by and give them a listen and if you prefer to buy from MDB then just mention my name to them.

6) I operate from home (Queensway Tower) next to Queensway Shopping Center. Very conveniently located.

7) The level of attention I place on warm up time, using two same model CD players to audition either headphone or amplifier etc is very professional.

8) You may ask people like Guyferd, Ablaze, Bulkie, etc etc for what they think.

9) As for the material housing. I don't think even Grado will tell you. I really don't know myself.

10) As for reviews, what's the point? Enough has been said about the Grado line in Stereophile, What Hi-Fi, Hi-Fi Choice etc etc and added to that the viewpoints of head-fiers and headwizers. What I do say is compare the different headphones. I do have a Senn HD-600 (fully run in). And you can compare that to the SR-325 (soon to be run in 3 days time) or the SR-225 (soon to be fully run in in about 3 days time) or the RS-1 (fully run in).

11) As for price, I do give a small discount on higher priced models.

12) I don't carry stock as of now (that may change later) but get any model that MBD has on stock in 24 hours.

well done Rameish. Blackadder here (like his namesake, the Rowan Atkinson character) clearly doesn't mince his words lol biggrin.gif

btw, Rameish, so to clarify, you'll be able to discount the higher end models right? whats "higher"? starting from..SR325? wink.gif

What did I do to you? LOL.

You did not do anything to me....I am just curious about the fact that there is already a Grado Dealer here in Singapore, why should people like myself be buy from dealer like you, sorry I need to protect my interest. Pls understand.

I understand that there are people in this forum who "likes" your service to them, maybe is because they are here for a long time but for newbies like myself, I have yet to experience such "good" services.

So let me get it right, you are a friendly, unbias, knowleadgable and dedicated to headphones, very well, I shall email you my requirement for a Grado and kindly provide a good quote for me.

Blackadder here (like his namesake, the Rowan Atkinson character) clearly doesn't mince his words lol

Ablaze, I understand that you are a high profile guy in this forum but I am just trying to get my money worth for the cans I am getting. what's wrong with that? Am I not suppose to question dealers like Rameish just because he a Grado dealer and everyone is sucking up to him for good prices? You have no business interfering with this correspondance. I just want to get couple of point straight since I am new around here.

blackadder: Excuse me for budging in but after reading the posts of Ramiesh and Ablaze, no cynical remarks were meant and so U don't have to be defensive. Of course, your fears and concerns are valid as I was also bitten by snakes that lurked in singnet classified. However, my dealings with members in Xtremeplace, Echoloft and here have been very nice and also made some pals along the way.

Ablaze is not high profile in this forum......he owns it!!! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Whether one is a newbie or oldie, it's always nice to be friendly but self protective at the same time as this will benefit U and all eventually. What goes around, comes around.

I've sold some wonderfully cared-for items to fellow members at very low prices and one day, I hope the same courtesy can be extended to me when I seek theirs....got the hint guys? blink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Mackie

Blackadder,

Music BY Design is the distributor for Grado in Singapore and Malaysia. He also sells direct. This is how a speciallized small company operates. I am a dealer because:

1) I believe in the Grado product long before I became a dealer. This is also true of Corda.

2) Music By Design are professionals. They will service you during the warrenty and after the warrenty.

3) They like Beyer's distributor - Peak Fusion - are gentlemen who love music first and then turn love that into a business.

4) I think there is no need for people to "suck up to me". They never have and hopefully never will. Ablaze and I started to know each other only in Jan this year prior to the Sg Head-Fi meet at my place. He had a problem with RawHit's Gilmore and brought it over. I tried to troubleshoot and found that the fuse was blown because the transformer was wired for 120 Volts AC. To cut a long story short - people don't need to suck up to me to get good service. And if Ablaze ever wanted a Grado SR-60 it would be the same price as any one else.

5) The more a person buys from me the better the price. For eg. If a person bought a PCII at the reg price and later wanted a home amp he will of course get a slightly better price. Likewise for headphones, interconnects etc.

Lets keep this civil and drop the harsh words please. It is so easy to get the wrong idea when we write as opposed to when we speak because we can't hear the tone.

Also, this is supposed to be fun.

Oh,

Part of the good service is you should listen to the headphone first and compare with other Grados befor you decide.

Stuff only a Bo Liao Person Would Know

Hmm... looks like things are getting a bit hot and heavy here. unsure.gif Well, nothing like a fun fact to lighten things up! w00t.gif

For all true Grado fans out there (and dealers as well), Grado driver housings are made from Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), an easily machined, tough, low cost rigid thermoplastic material with high impact strength, ideal for turning, drilling, milling, sawing, die-cutting, shearing. It has good chemical and stress cracking resistance to inorganic salt solutions, alkalis, acids, and some oils. ABS has excellent abrasion resistance; electrical properties, moisture and creep resistance.

General Applications:

* Machine parts

* Prototypes

* Tote bins and trays

* Automotive parts

* Business machine housing and parts

* Aircraft interior trim

* Industrial enclosures

The ABS housings for SR60-SR225 are molded by Grado Labs itself. To verify if I'm s**tting you or telling you the truth, please follow this link: http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_accessories.htm

I think one of the Grado mods discussed in Headwize involves replacing the housings with cut sections from a plastic pipe (although I'm not so sure John Grado would approve).

I know this is gonna get me flamed, but I just wanna say that despite his harsh tones, Blackadder did indeed touch on relevant issues between consumer wants and dealership, love or lack of love aside. He sure made me think about myself being a dealer: do I know what the hell I'm selling, or am I just smoking ppl out with a lot of useless facts and specs to make a buck? And as a consumer, am I not as anxious as Blackadder to know everything there is to know about a product I'm about to buy, and the dealer that I'm buying from? Needless to say, I grill the Ultrasone sales department the same way I expect to be grilled by my customers. I think they're gonna fire me soon. laugh.gif

Chill, y'all. smoke.gif

Ablaze, I understand that you are a high profile guy in this forum but I am just trying to get my money worth for the cans I am getting. what's wrong with that? Am I not suppose to question dealers like Rameish just because he a Grado dealer and everyone is sucking up to him for good prices? You have no business interfering with this correspondance. I just want to get couple of point straight since I am new around here.

lol. you're messing with the wrong guy man. box.gif

Mackie's right. it IS my forum. BUT he's also right in that I meant no malice in whatever I said (I never do, see happy smilie --> happy.gif)

I understand your concerns, but your tone's all wrong. Rameish's a nice guy, dealer or not, and we're all friends. nobody's sucking up to anybody for some ulterior motive. I think its safe to say we're all nice people around here. so don't go around sounding like everyone's "guilty" until proven innocent. we're all nice guys until proven otherwise wink.gif

anyway, welcome to the forums. enjoy your stay here, but please, this is a happy place, with good people. so lets keep it that way, k? beer.gif

scorcho: interesting tidbit you got there biggrin.gif

4) People buy from me because of the friendly service, dedication to headphones, knowledge, and unbiased (as possible) views. I recently recommended to Northern Oak that he should buy the AKG-501 - we had a long phone conversation - and his preferences pointed in that direction. I could have said to him even then buy Grado and btw I can get it for you. That is not to say that in a similar converstion with say Ablaze, the recommendation would have been Grado SR-325.

Yes, I can vouch that Rameish is not only friendly, he never pushes me to get any Grados. I ended up with the K501 which I liked alot!!!

Let's keep this a nice and happy community!!! laugh.gif

Mackie : Got the hint !

Edited by Northern Oak

El,

Thanks man. It's good to know that it's made from ABS. I guess I should visit all the pages on the grado website.

Any knowledge on out how grado made the SR-325 aluminum lighter than the HP-1 aluminum? Or mahogony curing process? LOL

I guess the old saying "you're never too old to learn" applies here. headphone.gif

Oh I can't stand this...

REAL NICE FORUM...

I understand your concerns, but your tone's all wrong.

What is ths? The Shire? what are we? Hobbits?where everyone is friendly?

And what's wrong with my tone? may I be more-than-average concern about Grados?

Since when in the history of forums you have to have "nice" tones all the time?God!!!!!

Rameish's a nice guy, dealer or not, and we're all friends.

Since I am new around here, how the hell I know this Rameish is a nice guy? Why don't you give "exculsive labels" for each and everyone of us eg "Nice", "Not so nice","Bad Tone" (for myself) and don't forget the "Don't mess with the wrong guy" for yourself. I do have the right to question dealers because I am a consumer and if you don't like my tone, you can either remove me from this forum or shut the f*** up.

so don't go around sounding like everyone's "guilty" until proven innocent. we're all nice guys until proven otherwise

Where I come from everyone's a "smoker"/"conman" until proven straight, sorry I can't blend in...sue me....

Hey El Scorcho, you are perhaps the only guy here who talk sense and knows your stuffs and even others' (Grados) and I realised you don't comment on things you don't know. I am really impress. I'll contact you in regards to the Ultrasone HFI 650 DVD.

Hey Rameish, read it and weep:

For all true Grado fans out there (and dealers as well), Grado driver housings are made from Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), an easily machined, tough, low cost rigid thermoplastic material with high impact strength, ideal for turning, drilling, milling, sawing, die-cutting, shearing. It has good chemical and stress cracking resistance to inorganic salt solutions, alkalis, acids, and some oils. ABS has excellent abrasion resistance; electrical properties, moisture and creep resistance.

This is how you write review and sorts ok, not some stupid advice on breakin-in headphones. Even you could advise on the method of doing so, I bet you my last dollar that you can't even give a decent review on the results. Probably cut and paste from other site review.

anyway, welcome to the forums. enjoy your stay here, but please, this is a happy place, with good people. so lets keep it that way, k?

I am OUT, don't believe I am talking to a bunch of morons since 10 April.

Don't bother to reply.