Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

The ATH-EW9 is indahouse!

COngratulations H_C, how's it sounding after you've familiarlised yourself with it & after some burn in. A little more description to what the sound is like compared with your other headphones would be helpful.

Also the all important question I'd like to know... does it leak out any sound in use & how is comfort after a few hours of use?

Ok just a little of my personal experience with the W9.

Compared with the rest of the AT metal clip-ons, the W9 definitely has a more refine and woodie sound.

Listening direct-out from my portable cdp, it sounded very much like the "HD650" but minus the extended bass. To simply put it, very neutral, easy on the ears + extremely comfortable. I reckon they will sound even better amped and I will love to listen to them with my soon 2 b delivered "portable" amp that is rave of current head-fi forumers. biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

hpcrazy

which other clip ons have you tried? Sony?

If I were looking for one with decent sound reproduction, which can be driven direct from a PCDP, which would you recommend on a budget of <$100?

TIA

Another Q? : which offers better sound reproduction in general - clip-ons or in-ear phones?

Edited by cmk

IMHO for < $100 I'll take the AT's 7 which offers a better price n quality ratio.

Personally I do not like any type of in-ear phones simply because they irritates my ear canal badly.

But if you are wearing glasses, than the in-ear/over the head type will be more suitable. biggrin.gif

And then there's the superb and superseded Koss KSC-35 but isolation is not their forte. An auction is currently going on in our classified section. wink.gif

And then there's the superb and superseded Koss KSC-35 but isolation is not their forte. An auction is currently going on in our classified section. wink.gif

Would the Koss be better than the AT?

cmk: no sure answer for now.

Let us wait for more impression/review of this current AT clip-on before making any conclusion.

However there is no doubt that the koss ksc-35 is one real value for money clip-on. How well it compares with this, I don't know.. since they are in different price bracket as well( $70 vs $200?)

wah blues, you are camping on this site huh?

Answer so fast that before my page can refresh already have your reply.

Dun say $70 Koss vs $200+ AT, just compare against the AT EM7 retail $85. In the same general ball park.

Edited by cmk