fishball79

Hi guys!

same same happy.gif

I like warm sound..

music preference: ballad,pop, alternative, rock and slow-rock laugh.gif

Guys as good as the KI version is it's still a base 6000. Instead of the KI I would go for a Heart 6000.

visit www.tnt-audio.com

The Heart is a base 6000 with tube upgrades and additional trasformers. Musiclink is the dealer in town last time I looked.

Any idea how much MusicLink is asking for the Heart 6000?

N@Z: Musiclink sells the Heart CD6000 for about S$1800. Overpriced relative to HK's pricing of about S$1200. The latter may be lower now due to a bad economy and the cdp is no longer considered a new player with the influx and popularity of some other cdps such as Consonance Opera 2.2 (24/192 upsampling).

Guyferd: Audio Analogue Paganini is a very refined and also laid back cdp. Those who are into classical and vocals will love its sonic signature. If U're into pop, jazz or large and complex works, this cdp might not be your best choice, IMO.

Mackie: Saw an 2 yr-old Audio Space on sale, very tempting but think I will stick to my choice for the time being. I must thank you for the guidances and advices that you have given today and thanks for hosting me at your place. Thanks again! beer.gif

Mackie: Saw an 2 yr-old Audio Space on sale, very tempting but think I will stick to my choice for the time being. I must thank you for the guidances and advices that you have given today and thanks for hosting me at your place. Thanks again! beer.gif

N Oak: My pleasure. I hope I have not turned your ears into fussy little buggers! laugh.gif

Edited by Mackie

Wow. I didn't know the Heart has gone up by so much. Sorry. Any idea how much the KI is?

The Copland series of CDP is also very good. But the price is much better vis-a-vis Euro price. I think the lowest end one goes for 2,200 new (last year's model) but still very good. I had the top of the line model the 289 but sold it about a year ago. They are built like tanks and sound very airy. HDCD compatible as well.

Another older, and vastly cheaper model is the Rotel RCD-971 (again it's last year's model).

Then if you can find any good New Old Stock go for the Marantz CD-6000 OSE. Instead of the KI, does Marantz still make the non-KI CD-17?

The latest spin off from the CD17 series is Mark III. The earlier versions can only be found in the used market and even then, they don't come by often.

Mackie,

What's the damages like to get the MkIII? I have heard both the CD-19 and the CD-17 Ki and CD-17 (mk II I think). And they all have a warm full body sound. If it's anything below the Heart then that might be a good option.

Heard the Audio Space player a long time ago when it first came out. Can't tell the darn difference between that and my old Denon 1650AR (or DCD2880). The AS player has got a lower noisefloor and is more detailed. Other than that it looks and sounds just like the denon. Weird huh

I suggest getting a good player that provides a good platform for mods. This means players with good transport and a solid chassis design like Philips CD9xx series, Pioneers, Teacs, newer Marantz cd players and such.

Certain mods are no brainers and will not have any negative effect on the sound. Better clocks, rectifier bridge and by passing noise inducing circuitry like the (hopefully) no longer used headphone output, variable output (Can be disabled in Denon players, older Marantz too as the HDAM is seperate from DAC)

Mackie,

What's the damages like to get the MkIII? I have heard both the CD-19 and the CD-17 Ki and CD-17 (mk II I think). And they all have a warm full body sound. If it's anything below the Heart then that might be a good option.

Rameish:

KEC sells it for $1099 and all the signatures U'd mentioned are still apparent on the CD17 Mk III. Construction is impeccable and rather heavy too, check it out! I also recommended N. Oak this cdp for the ultimate upgrade from his discman. It will stand the test of time.