fishball79

Hi guys!

guyferd, oak: when're you two buggas going to actually stop talking about buying, and actually BUY the cdp biggrin.gif

Guyferd: ablaze is kicking the sh*t of our asses, so any timeline on when to get it? The only chance I will "tua" you is if I go for the 6000OSE KI (if available), but still at the same shop.

Mackie: Firstly, I can vouch that Mackie always keep his equipments in excellent condition. No question about it. However, this time round, I think I will go for the new set instead. Sorry Mackie but thanks for the offer. (I bought the X-PSU from him).

oh ! ehee...

how much is the KI version ? they got sell also?

strange.. they didn't put it up on their page.

When to get ah? hm... rolleyes.gif .. when ah.. dunno also leh... so far I don't know where to put my cd player if it comes. Such a big one.. and already my mini hi-fi is taking up big space of my study table huh.gif

until I sort this out tongue.gif

sell off your mini hifi lah! after you've your proper cd player, your system should trash ur mini. if not, put your mini hifi on top of your cd player. should dampen down the player. unless your mini hifi is one of those gigantic sonys, it should be safe to put in on top.

i place my integrated amp and md on top of my cd player.

My first tweak was a couple of books placed on top of the flimsy chassis cover of a Marantz CD63. Tightened up the sound, improved vocals but lost abit of liveliness.

Dearer price doesn't always mean better music. Most first time budget systems i heard of (including mine) makes only acoustical or audiophile recordings sound better than a minicompo. System synergy & room acoustics is seldom taken into account ... luckily cans people dont have to care much about speaker <->amp interaction as well as stereo <-> room interaction.

Still no reccomendations for a budget cd player that has the 'air guitar' factor?

Guyferd: ablaze is kicking the sh*t of our asses, so any timeline on when to get it? The only chance I will "tua" you is if I go for the 6000OSE KI (if available), but still at the same shop.

thats why .. talk talk talk only.. tongue.gif

Dearer price doesn't always mean better music. Most first time budget systems i heard of (including mine) makes only acoustical or audiophile recordings sound better than a minicompo. System synergy & room acoustics is seldom taken into account ... luckily cans people dont have to care much about speaker <->amp interaction as well as stereo <-> room interaction.

hmmm my denon system trashed my older aiwa minicompo i had in the same room and position.

hehe.. mine one is as big as the sonys

it's philips though... and don't really feel like selling coz I just love the radio .. and sometimes the speaker can come in handy coz I already sold my klipsch promedia 2.1

I must think of a way.. either get a rack or something... huh.gif

Guys as good as the KI version is it's still a base 6000. Instead of the KI I would go for a Heart 6000.

visit www.tnt-audio.com

The Heart is a base 6000 with tube upgrades and additional trasformers. Musiclink is the dealer in town last time I looked.

Guyferd : Guess you are not ready for the CDP yet. Think I will go ahead first then as I can't wait any longer. May go down to Adelphi later or tomorrow afternoon.

so whats it going to be Oak?

hey how about the Rotel RCD-02 I see someone selling for $420..

Northern oak: Have U grabbed the KI after having given a lead to U? I think it sounds better than the RCD-02 and priced lower than the piece ablaze has just highlighted.

U guys are really interesting to follow, Oak and Guyferd...... happy.gif

Patience and care are virtues in this hobby, IMO.

Btw Guyferd, if Oak has purchased his cdp and U're still looking for a 6000ose, I might offer mine to U. Otherwise, I'm still a happy person with it residing in the hall.

Edited by Mackie

ablaze: Didn't see good comments coming for the Rotel RCD-02.

Mackie: We sure are interesting to follow. Didn't have chance to check with KEC about the 6000KI. Going down tonight.

Guyferd: I would trust Mackie as he keeps them in good condition. If I'm going to his place tomorrow, I will check out his 6000OSE for you.

The CDP saga continues ...

Coming up in the next episode:

Oak is confused with the choices he have, so what CDP will he go for? He likes A but he felt it is a expensive babe, B looks great but does it sound as good? C is cost effective but will it hold out in the long run?

Be sure to watch the next episode of "Newbies Get Their First CDPs".

hahaha laugh.gif

if you ask me, I say, beg and borrow a bit and get the Philips 963A. from what I read the redbook will trounce the other players, plus its a top-notch DVD player and..SACD player! happy.gif