fishball79

Hi guys!

DVD-A and SACD => More $$$ spend on CDs => poorer ME !!! Actually, my company is paying for my CDP, of course to a certain limit but good enough, so I may look for more expensive players.

huh? company paying? so good meh?

Tell me where you work I wanna sign up!

Guys as good as the KI version is it's still a base 6000. Instead of the KI I would go for a Heart 6000.

visit www.tnt-audio.com

The Heart is a base 6000 with tube upgrades and additional trasformers. Musiclink is the dealer in town last time I looked.

Any idea how much MusicLink is asking for the Heart 6000?

Am currently aiming for a Marantz CD4000 a friend is selling. Unless a good Teac, Pioneer or philips cd950 comes along the way... I'd get the CD4000 and mod it myself. The reason why i'm buying it is cos it's used as a platform by other co to mod n sell, must have a pretty good transport there.

Evil Zen,

Well its one minicompo vs another minicompo... but try finding a cdp, integrated amp and speaker that retails for under $1.5k that sounds better than the Denon. I think it wont be easy.

Gryphon,

NAD. Yuck. laugh.gif

Tell me where you work I wanna sign up!

I work for Agilent Technologies (a spin-off from Hewlett Packard 3 years back) and company gives flexible benefits to employee every year, can claim up to S$430 for anythng under the sun (vice trades aside).

Good News and Bad News

Guyferd et al.

Good News: KEC runs out of stock for Marantz CD6000OSE. Clarence of KEC however tells me that it will come in 1st week of May.

Bad News: Clarence took me to the audition, set up the Marantz CD6000OSE LE and Rotel RDC02 for comparison. "Unfortunately", he plugged in the Marantz CD17MkIII as well and I listen to it too!. Now my heart flutters!!! Damn it. I shouldn't have stayed there for too long.

fishball79

thats the reason i'm in the headphones scene now. i need to spend big bucks to upgrade my denon system but i don't have big bucks in my bank now.

evil-zen,

That's why i'm building my own speakers and amp, certain aussie used hifi is more expensive than buying new in SG!

... "Unfortunately", he plugged in the Marantz CD17MkIII as well and I listen to it too!. Now my heart flutters!!! Damn it. I shouldn't have stayed there for too long.

Ahh... deja vu!

lol. so which one are you eyeing now?

between the rotel and cd6000ose which is betteR?

how much is the mkIII

northern oak: I just checked the cd17mk series... it retails around close to S$2000.. woah... that's considered quite high end cd player already.

but if you are set into getting it.. why don't you try and audition audio analogue paganini? (S$1700 from music by design). I was looking at it last time and it received fantastic reviews from all... just to let you know happy.gif

Guyferd, you're not making it any easier for Northern Oak to decide now! biggrin.gif

northern oak: I just checked the cd17mk series... it retails around close to S$2000.. woah... that's considered quite high end cd player already.

but if you are set into getting it.. why don't you try and audition audio analogue paganini? (S$1700 from music by design). I was looking at it last time and it received fantastic reviews from all... just to let you know  happy.gif

Guyferd: Actually, the cdMkIII costs aout S$1.1K. Prefer Marantz over Rotel because the sound is warmer and smoother while Rotel sounds a bit cold and harsh. However, my preference is classical and vocals and that's where the Marantz excel. Rotel fair better than Marantz for pop music, as heard from KEC.

What about you?

Edited by Northern Oak