fishball79

Hi guys!

Hi guys,

Just found this forum and deicded to join. I've traded all my worldly possessions (namely, my stereo) to come over to brisbane for studies and had gotten a used pair of SR225s for use here. Actually I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD497s in prep for the 2 yr long studies but it wasn't 'enough'. Bear in mind my source was an OLD sony discman so it probably couldn't drive em well. Luckily, I manage to sell it off and bought the Grados only a few days before i flew.

Lucky me.

So that's all i have now. 200 cds, a discman and the grados. I hope to get some advice on reccomended BUDGET cd players and amps (and amp schematics) to match the grados. So far the only one (schematics) i found that probably is a no brainer match for the grados is the RA-1 amplifier. Also am currently looking at Philips CD930, Yamaha CDX493 and of course, marantz players.

Also, do anyone know where I can get replacement earpads for the grados? I got the newish donut type but found the SR60s' pads to be more comfy!

C h r i s t party.gifp h e r

Edited by fishball79

hi fishball, remember me? smile.gif

Rameish was our Grado man. and now that he's a dealer as well, he's even more the Grado-man. lets wait for his reply yes.gif

btw, welcome smoke.gif

its nice to see Xtremeplace and echoloft people visiting this humble lil place of mine yes.gif

thanks for the support guys headphone.gif

fishball.. I am thinking of going to get the marantz cd6000OSE.. probably northern oak too. I am not sure. Perhaps you can join us. It's about 400

Well, well.

I'm burning in a Grado 225 and 325 as we speak. I guess you're looking into diy if so come over and try the PCII. I can order the diy version for you. I do have stock for the built version of the Porta Corda II.

If you don't like/need crossfeed the Grado RA-1 is also good alternative as is the Ear Max Pro (get the pro version only). Stay away from the X-Cans - it's not a good match for Grado.

Yeah I remember you Ablaze...

As for the CD6000 OSE, is this a mass order or is the price normally so? $400 would really bust my budget but I really like this player...

Mack & Gryph

Better late than never...

I think normal price loh...

I checked with kec audio. You can try giving them a call.

guyferd, oak: when're you two buggas going to actually stop talking about buying, and actually BUY the cdp biggrin.gif

I have been offering excellently maintained used items since my entry to this forum ie HD600 and X-PSU. The new owners can testify to that. smoke.gif

It may be to your benefit that I have an extra CD6000ose and if the offer is right, I may let it go. As it is, Northern Oak has shown some interest.

Edited by Mackie

Gryphon,

Heard CD63KI with rock... tahanable. What else would u guys reccomend? Please dont tell me Rega, Naim and similar stuff... BOH LUI!