Rameish

Grado vs Grado

Never listend to Grado before, walked in the music by design twice, the sells man seems not interested in selling them and audition was not allowed, pluss people's comment about the brightness stopped me there huh.gif

I read they have good synergy with my Greek 11se.

Rmeish, my W1000 run in already, looking forward to meet you someday, but when can this SARS get over? BTW, how do you do your business now? headphone.gif

heh..and all along i thought the Lysol on your table was part of the whole Sars detoxification thing happy.gif

Ah hah. The penny drops. No I use Lysol for all sorts of things. Like cleaning the flat man. There's also a Lysol floor detergent.

Ting,

This business of mine a still a hobby. I do it from home. If you do not have any symptoms then by all means do drop by for a listen. Anyways, the W1000 is a good can. Creek 11SE does have "synergy" if you like to take some of the top end off Grados. I made the same choice as you sometime back. But they are really not for something like the AT-W1000 IMO. The best way is to give the Corda HA-1 a listen and hear the difference. Bring your Creek if you like then we can hook up both to the same CDP (I have 2 Rotel RCD-971) using the same interconnect and try the AT-W1000 with both. Then at least you'll know if things improve with the Corda or are just fine with the Creek. Also, if you have a warm sounding source like a Marantz, things can become too warm.

Call me first b4 U come please as I'm not always at home - 97762087.

Edited by Rameish

Thanks, Rameish. Maybe this week end. yes.gif

evil-zen also interested of going, maybe we can go together.

Edited by ting

ting,

Grados are so well liked by so many magazines that any dealer carrying them would not need to give much service as people literally come in droves to get em.

Why bother wasting ur time trying to sell something that's already selling itself?

Actually thats the modus operandi of many shops here, bring in [insert magazine name] 5 Star products and wait for the masses.

hmmm can also. But my stupid gilmore v2 haven't arrive yet!! if i go end of this week, i'll probably make another trip down again with the v2 for rameish to test.

Evil,

There's no hurry. The Grados arn't going anywhere. Anyways the Gilmore needs to be burnt in fully - something like 150 hours (that's almost 7 days playing non-stop).

Ting,

Just call b4 coming.

Evil,

I have returned all the Beyers to Peak Fusion and have put on hold (for now) becoming a Beyer dealer. They are still good cans.

rameish, any comparison of the higher end grados?

say sr-225 to 325, 325 to rs-2 and etc biggrin.gif

provided you still have some of the abovementioned cans biggrin.gif

Maybe someday I should get grados for rocking out.. oh yes.. oh no.. maybe. lol.gif

No lah sony is still my no.1 can of choice but I just want to try listening to other cans. By listening, I mean to live with it for a while, and not just audition. I don't believe in short auditioning(eg: meet etc) as you need sometime to get away from the mental break-in(accustomed to your primary cans). Hence the reason why many people who audition can't hear the full potential of some cans.

biggrin.gif

Edited by Blues

I am also v poor now.. noone wanna buy my etys.. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Unless you have kind friends to loan you them. I offered my RS-1 to MatBon0013 for a live in loan since he loaned me his DT880. He refused! I can only imagine how it would have sounded on his Naim CD1 source. It sounded quite impressive on his speaker set up.

I must say. I agree with you Blues. Hearing the DT880 on my system at my own time puts everything into prospective.