Rameish

Grado vs Grado

Hi guys,

Did anyone ever review the SR125s vs the SR225 please?

I bought an ipod and decided to get some headphones, SR80s I thought, then I looked around and thought "Nah, SR125s are better", now I'm look at the 225s and just read that the SR325s are better built so now I'm thinking about them. Wasted on an ipod I know but I don't want headphones that fall apart and I do have a proper hifi as well.

Thanks

it is going to be no ending why not save up for the RS-1.. If not i believe the 225 is the sweet spot

I suggest you either stop at the SR-225 or go all the way to an RS-1.

The SR-225 is one of my favourite Grado cans and offers what I believe to be very good value for the money. OTOH the RS-1 is better if you have S$1.2.

what about the HF-1 in terms of value for money compared to SR-225?

some guys in Head Fi were recently asking for USD 200 or so instead of up to USD 400 a while ago.

apologies if someone has asked this question b/f ... "must use the search function"

thanks

I suggest you either stop at the SR-225 or go all the way to an RS-1.

The SR-225 is one of my favourite Grado cans and offers what I believe to be very good value for the money. OTOH the RS-1 is better if you have S$1.2.

Rameish, you forgot one very important letter, "k". biggrin.gif

Hi guys,

Did anyone ever review the SR125s vs the SR225 please?

I bought an ipod and decided to get some headphones, SR80s I thought, then I looked around and thought "Nah, SR125s are better", now I'm look at the 225s and just read that the SR325s are better built so now I'm thinking about them. Wasted on an ipod I know but I don't want headphones that fall apart and I do have a proper hifi as well.

Thanks

it is going to be no ending why not save up for the RS-1.. If not i believe the 225 is the sweet spot

hey nakedtoes long time no see! i can tell you went all da way wif da RS-1s huh party.gif

actually i think the sweet spot would be the MS-2s bought from taiwan eh? whistling.gif

what about the HF-1 in terms of value for money compared to SR-225?

some guys in Head Fi were recently asking for USD 200 or so instead of up to USD 400 a while ago.

If you can get them for that price, go ahead. Besides the sound, which is generally acknowledged to be at least on par with the SR-225, there's also collector's value.

IMHO, the SR-225, MS-2i, and RS-1 represent the sweet spots in the grado chain, this coming from someone with no experience with grados, but who has contemplated the purchase of a grado (and done much research) at one point. wink.gif

cool ... recent used 225s are much cheaper compared to the cheapest hf-1 i've seen ... s$200 +

must audition them one of these days if there's a chance ...

thanks

I loves both RS-1 and MS2i.. both are sweet spots wub.gif

hi Nakedtones,

may i know how much the Alessandro MS2i cost ?

anywhere can i get it in sg ? thanx

Hi Bros,

I just bought a Grado SR80, they sound awesome from my Marantz CD6002 but when I switch to Sony PSP or my Sony VIAO laptop then it seems that these sources not enough power to drive the Grado SR80, I have to switch the volume to maximum to get a decent volume and also the bass seems lacking. Will adding a headphone amp improve the situation? If yes what amp is suitable for Grado SR 80? Thanks in adv.

Sincerely

Eric

Hi Eric,

Wow, you resurrected a 2006 thread. Adding a headphone amp will help somewhat in terms of power. But sound quality will improve marginally, as the PSP and VIAO notebook has poor output quality, not just poor power.

You can take your portable devices with your headphones and go to either Stereo Electronics in Causeway Point, or Jaben's in Adelphi. We are very priviledged in Singapore to have two shops which allow extensive testing of their amps and headphones.

Take a warning though, both places are extremely dangerous to your wallet's health.

Cheers.

Hi Heady,

Thanks for the warning about wallet thing, I already know, when I first step into HIFI world, it was a home setup and the urge to upgrade is always there, he he he, dun know where will this end!

Yesterday I downloaded the Foobar 2000 software, I still dun know what is FLAC but i just use this player to play the wav files that i have and the result is impressive. wow!!

I dun know what will happen if i add an amp to this setup but I am sure i will be impressed. Ha ha!

Regards

Eric