Rameish

Grado vs Grado

mat refused to listen to the rs-1? blink.gif

maybe you can ship them over here for me to loan.. I will pay for the shipping fee tongue.gif

yeah man.. that's what I find out too. When we have the gear for sometime, only then can we hear the full potential. Most of the time we hear people saying "this headphone sux or too bright etc" but actually it's all relative to their primary cans. happy.gif

Even the same pair of cans with different run-in periods sound different. Both Sipher and I discovered our DT880s sounded slightly different when connected to my setup. His his pair is a few months younger than mine. This merely shows some cans do take a long time to age and perform at its best.

Edited by Mackie

Nice try Blues! tongue.gif Shipping to & fro plus leasing fees!

How do you guys find the comfort level of the Grados, specifically the SR-60 or 80? I'm gonna wear for probably 2-3 hrs at one go (watching movies) and I've got a big head. happy.gif

I had the SR80 which originally came with the flat pads. They were horrendously painful to wear for more than 1/2 hour. Then Grado Labs graciously sent me over the bowl pads after I complained about it (I actually asked whether they had the "yellow" pads) & suggested I bend back the headband too. With the bowls I can stand about an hour or so. This is even after bending back the headband to loosen the clamping force. I didn't get a chance to use the Senn pads (Yellow HD414 replacement earpads) as by the time I got them I had already upGrado to the RS-1. The yellow pads are plusher compared with stock pads. However, since the RS-1s are heavier I still experience the pain but only after more than an hour's use. I guess my ear lobes are more sensitive to things pressing on it. Also if I'm not wearing glasses I can wear them longer. Others might fare better.

A big head will not be too much an issue as the Grados can take a fair range of sizes (& using the HD414 earpads) just the matter of the supra-aural design that might cause problems.

Go to Music By Design at Adelphi and try it. They are not the most comfortable cans but then again too many people have made it seem like they are really uncomfortable when in actual fact (for my head at least) they are not.

Rameish,

Small head mar smile.gif My grados were used but they were bent outwards so they don't clamp my head. Although i prefer the presentation of the standard bowl pads I use the sennheiser HD414 ones cos they are much comfier, thanks iconic!

you still gotta pay me sad2.gif i might have to get them back coz i got a pair of 225s waiting in hawaii!

Not really a matter of head size. Just bend the metal headband to a U sort of shape rather than a O shape that they come in. That's right hold them like you would a racing bike handle and push inwards with your thumb while your fingers (sans thumbs) pulls outwards. I just show it to ya at the Meet.

Actually Grado headbands can accomodate larger heads than say Beyer so unless it's really big it should be no problemo.

Cheers

I'm looking for a pair of headphones to use with my Mac 12"pb + iPod. i've detailed my usage criteria here:

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?show...t=0entry29373

ADditionally I've read online about grado's SR60. reviews were good. Plus, I have a thing for things that are "wolves in sheep's clothing" i.e. they don't look it, but they pack a punch smile.gif

So my question is: where can I test out a pair of grados?

Pref, the same shop will also have otehr headphones to test and compare e.g. sennheiser, sony etc.

Does Sim Lim 3rd floor shop have grado? I know they have sennheisers for sure.

Advice please?

Thanks.

You can try Music By Design at Adelphi for Grados but they don't have Senns & Sony for you to compare.

So what what other headphones do Music By Design carry?

and if I want to change the pads to the bowl types, how much do the grado bowl pads cost?

I hope they have demo grados to test out with my ipod. Are they anal when it comes to testing out headphones?

If the SR80 really do sound leagues better, I may very well shell out the S$50 bucks more and get the SR80.

I tried calling Music by Design today whole day, they never pick up. Thought of going down today. Will try calling again tomorrow (Monday). hopefully they're open.